No announcement yet.

Too cold for outdoor tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting so behind because the weather hadn't warmed up. The GH is full to bursting but I've been waiting for Spring to warm up before I put frost tender plants out. I think Thelma posted that it's been the coldest Spring for 50 years - my plants know it too.

Comment

I feel guilty saying this but weve had a fairly good May in the southeast.

My Tomatoes are to the roof in the GH, and the last of my tomatoes went out today.

Attached Files

Comment

They look fantastic Maverick! My temps for tonight in super sunny Wiltshire is 8c/9c from 1am till 5am and with the exception of tomorrow night the following 4 nights look similar.

Comment

Nice going, Maverick. In our bit of the Southeast - sunny Essex - we've got 6c forecast for the entire night tonight, with similar overnight temps going into the weekend. The outside tomatoes in SiL's garden have gone purple.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            They look fantastic Maverick! My temps for tonight in super sunny Wiltshire is 8c/9c from 1am till 5am and with the exception of tomorrow night the following 4 nights look similar.
            Thankyou, Im using quadgrows this year, the proof in the pudding but so far they look really healthy and green so im impressed.

Personally I think sometimes its better to get stuff out rather that keep it back too long.

I noticed some self seeding runner beans come up about 6 weeks ago, I kept an eye on them as an indicator of when to put mine out.

They didnt look happy, yellow leafs etc but last couple of weeks they have turned around and looked strong, on the other hand the ones I keep inside on the other hand are soft and leggy and weak, I think the ones that have been outside look far healthier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X