Best Seed Compost (In your opinion).

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J**** m****

i used the above last year with vg results - but wanted to say - shop around as there is a huge price difference. 1 place offers 3 x 60 litres for £ 12 but near Bagshot ; otherwise B&M is £4.99. But I have seen it for £8.99 !!

Comment

Jacks Magic

Apologies - did not manage to edit my post and realise no need to be coy about the brandname.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
        I have used Verve MPC sieved for many years, but last year I had terrible results, I'm sure the recipe has changed and more green waste was added. I had more rotted seedlings than ever, as the compost stayed so wet & started to decompose very quickly.

This year I intend to use 'propper' seed sowing compost, but it's a bit early for me to start any seeds off yet, so I've not purchased any.

I'm pretty sure this was the one that gave me a flat full of flies last year - put me off growing things for awhile! I'm using the dehydrated pellet things now, on the theory that any bugs won't survive the dehydration process. No idea if it's any good though!
        Last edited by Rosemary7391; 11-01-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X