No announcement yet.

Picked my first .................2015

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumber - Tasteless Burpy Green as MrPP would have it.
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Spring onions, ruby chard.
      Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 30-06-2015, 02:35 PM. Reason: Missed off the chard

Comment

• Onion first I've ever grown that are bigger than spring onions. I only picked the ones that were going to flower so far
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Sat reading this eating the first three outdoor toms of the year.

Comment

• Rhubarb, strawberries, red currants and black currants for a crumble tonight - yum!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• It's my first time of growing anything in a serious way and so far over the past few weeks I have picked 6x courgettes, 50g peas, 750g gooseberies, a small number of 'baby' broad beans with more of the same to come.

Everything else is coming on well, my 2x Wautoma Cucumbers both have a number of fruits growing, with the largest being around 10cm long. Most of my 23x tomato plants have now set fruit, with 3x bush types being well ahead of the other vines. Sweet and chilli peppers and French climbing beans have just started flowering

Also have a number of different types of carrot, beetroot, 'golden acre' summer cabbage, broccoli and 'Romanesco' Cauliflower... these will be a while yet!

There I was wondering if my 16x8 greenhouse was going to be too big when I brought it 3 months ago... it's crammed!

Comment

• Peas, Early Onward. Some strawberries, a bag of blackcurrants and 3 tomatoes, Manitoba.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• String of onions

Attached Files

Comment

• First of the white currants today. Always nice when the summer fruit is in full swing
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Tomato - Sungold. 2 yesterday and 2 more today.

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                        Tomato - Sungold. 2 yesterday and 2 more today.
                        I'm still eating the ones I froze last year!
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• I started picking tomatoes (my early sown Gardenpearl) about 2 weeks ago.
                          Today I have my first La Diva cucumber to go with them

In all that excitement I forgot about the Alderman peas I've been picking since Wednesday, and the garlic Albigensian Wight and Eden Rose lifted today, now drying in the shed
                          Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Our first potatoes! ( finally- after listening to you all chomping away at yours! )

In the pan , ready waiting to be cooked!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh- nearly forgot...gooseberries!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• picked my first knobbly courgettes today (rugosa fruliana I think), ripe blackcurrants, and first fuchsia
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-07-2015, 05:04 PM.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X