This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lettuce and Parsley seeds

Can I sow them now in the house? or it is unneccessary hassel to manage extra modules ?

I have sprinkled few lettuce seeds on a tray sown with amarnath seeds and kept indoors. Amarnath didn't have any move but lettuce sprouted immediately , wonder what to do with them and when to move them to modules? is it okay to have started them now? whwn can I move them outside?

Parsley: I have collected seed from old plant this year and sown in a heated propagateor , no seed appeared to germinate yet after around 2 weeks. should I move it out and clear the space for chillis?

Comment

Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
      Can I sow them now in the house? or it is unneccessary hassel to manage extra

Parsley: I have collected seed from old plant this year and sown in a heated propagateor , no seed appeared to germinate yet after around 2 weeks. should I move it out and clear the space for chillis?
      Parsley is slow and needs big changes in temperature to germinate. Move it from the propagator to some where old for a few days and then put it back in the warm and it may prompt it to germinate.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

sowing a few dozen sweetpeas today (six dozen for a quid in the £ shop).
        They're in modules in the unheated and draughty greenhouse.
        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by buffs View Post
          i tried to get into the greenhouse today to start sowing some seeds but the door is frozen solid so will try again tomorrow to get my onions started......
          still not able to get into greenhouse.....

Comment

reading this thread makes me think of getting one of those electric heaters. They have the botanico one in our local garden centre, might give that a whizz

dont really have space indoors for sowing

Comment

It's no good, I just had to sow something, after promising myself I wouldn't start till February at the earliest, otherwise the house begins to take on the appearance of a jungle by Spring, as I have no GH.

So I sowed 3 dozen sweet peas, three to a 3" module, and put them in the cold back porch, where they'll germinate and grow, but hopefully not too fast
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

I can't stop staring at my seed packets and re-reading the backs... I'm trying to hold out until February as well!
                View my Vines - Mostly stupid cats!

https://vine.co/u/1187553696746545152

Comment

Originally posted by spiritPan View Post
                  I can't stop staring at my seed packets and re-reading the backs... I'm trying to hold out until February as well!

So at 00:01am on 1st Feb there's gonna be a sowing frenzy

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                    So at 00:01am on 1st Feb there's gonna be a sowing frenzy
                    I'd hope to have at least a handful sown by 1 minute past!
                    View my Vines - Mostly stupid cats!

https://vine.co/u/1187553696746545152

Comment

Just aubergine chillies and peppers for me at the Mo - if the germination rate is poor I can sow again.

Will sow toms mid feb as they seem to catch up.

Cucumbers I am new to - so mid feb as well this year.

cucamelon will be sometime in Feb as well.

Comment

sown toms, chillis and aubergine seeds in limited quantity each in one tray all. kept them in a cool place as OH suggested to freeze seeds before sowing. after 1 week will shift the tray to heated propagator as I will be going on holiday for 1 week.

what should I make sure, while leaving tom and pepper seeds in heated propagator for 1 week?

How should I protect the onion seedlings for that 1 week . shall I leave on south facing window sill?

Comment

My fingers are starting to throb,but will try patiance this,my usual place is not available,might try a few peppers and aubs,purely as a..............well you all know that feeling,then do the mains later on,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Not sowing anything for outside yet, but to keep the itchy fingers happy sowed some seeds in little trays this morning to put in the front window for microleaves - mixed lettuce, basil, mizuna, dill and some peas for peashoots.
                            Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

Ooh, I forgot to mention the oriental poppy seeds I sowed a fortnight ago. They're coming up. I can only see them with my glasses on. The stems are sooo fine, like hair! Hope they don't succumb to damping off, frail as they are. It's astonishing, when you think what thumping great plants oriental poppies make. Mighty oaks from little acorns and all that.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Sowed American Land Cress and Lollo Rossa lettuce for the windowsill today.
                                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X