Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 small fennel bulbs and lots of fluff, 2 leeks, celery, parsley and bay leaves for bouillabaisse.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• The first of my "Sutton" broad beans and more peas. I have now made a pasta salad with these, mixed with fried chorizzo, onions, red pepper, fennel and fresh herbs.
      Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• My first EVER homegrown veg!
        Attached Files
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Just been watching Gardener's World - apparently we are in the "hungry gap" at the moment. Personally I am having a constant battle to decide which veg can wait until tomorrow - I have broccoli, leeks, spring cabbage, spinach, lettuce, mizuna and namenia all fighting for attention. Lurking in the wings I have herbs, especially parsley and chervil, land cress, half pint peas, turnips, greenhouse grown potatoes and strawberries and some purple french beans on the windowsill which will be ready soon.

If this is the hungry gap, heaven help me in summer!
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Last spring green, leeks, wsb(I found more!) and PSB.
            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Well, not all of it made it to the kitchen for the photo shoot - although I can tell you it was delicious
              My first mini munch of the year!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                Today I planted a single tuber of Arran Pilot in a bucket in the cold greenhouse. I've never done this before, it'll be interesting to see if I can keep the frost off and get a meal from it in May.
                That was on 9th February. Today I emptied the bucket and got these:

Just enough for tea for the two of us. I'm well pleased; next year I might do a few more buckets!
                Attached Files
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• 7ib of rhubarb
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Weekend and today- chard, psb,parsley,mint,rocket, lettuce, mizuna, mispoona,radishes,spring green.

Comment

• Lobjoits thinnings,outer leaves of butterhead, usual greenhouse lettuce and rocket.

Comment

• Mustard greens... first time growing them and I'm hooked

Comment

• My first Apache spud of 2015, leeks and Bijou mangetout, which didn't make it to the kitchen as I munched them en route

Attached Files

Comment

• Last few days I have been having mixed lettuces, chives,coriander,parsley and today had some spinach. I am so happy as this is my first time growing. Just waiting for the potatoes.

Comment

• Picked young hispi-some big leaves and just starting to form tiny head- as experiment, it was delicious. PSB,chard and mint.

Comment

• Rocket potatoes from the polytunnel, spinach and salad leaves, asparagus and globe artichokes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X