Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby carrots - the thinnings from a pot in the greenhouse that I sowed on 19th February.

They were too delicious to cook, Mrs H and I scoffed them raw.

Attached Files
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• A bit early but the first pea pod. The peas were a bit small but i could not wait any longer so picked one anyway. They were lovely and sweet
      All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

• My first French beans of the year - GH crop. The yellow variety (from lidl) has done much better than the black valentine.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Chard, spring greens, parsley, leek, celery and mispoona.
          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcofez View Post
            Rocket potatoes from the polytunnel, spinach and salad leaves, asparagus and globe artichokes.
            I have small artichokes- about 2 inches diameter- not sure when to pick?
            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Picked this morning

First of the broad beans, strawberries and more rhubarb
              Attached Files
              DottyR

Comment

• sorry...not kept up posting!

Last fortnight or so...
                peas (coming thick and fast now)
                cut and come again lettuces
                jap overwintered onions for immediate use
                mint, sage, rosemary, thyme etc
                Giant leaf basil
                STILL getting psb!
                rainbow chard

....and we've got a bit of an egg glut going on here, does that count?

Well impressed you're getting that many strawberries Dorothy!
                Last edited by muddled; 30-05-2015, 03:37 PM.
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• With the exception of rhubarb, which was already on the plot. Just harvested my first two radish, not quite enough to feed the four of us, but the boys wont go hungry tonight.

Comment

• Salad various!

Comment

• New allotment, mainly for growing exotic potato varieties, so I am mostly harvesting nettles (I like the soup), mint (escaped from a neighbouring garden, should be good with the spuds) and potentially some blackberries fairly soon. Other edibles include chickweed, wild lettuce, sow thistle and a bit of garlic that I think someone must have dropped by mistake. Oh well.

Comment

• Oh, and Fat Hen. Good in a curry.

Comment

• 2 radish and a wind swept red lettuce - enough for my sandwich at lunch - Mr Lump gets peanut butter.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Mixed lettuce, basil, chives plus chive flowers all to go into a salad.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My first courgettes - gonna have them for my tea later
                              Attached Files

Comment

• This years first Radishes. Well pleased, not full of holes!

Where they've been growing.

And the next lot. Think I scared the pants off the sparrow at the feeder.

Apologies for the tape measure. It looks a bit big headed of me but I just thought to give some scale.

Forgot to mention. These are Giant Butter from the German shop with the squint i and sown on the 18th of April. 50p a packet and this is what I will let go to seed and hopefully get the pods to pickle a la Wendy!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Python15; 31-05-2015, 04:07 PM.
                                The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X