Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I picked a handful of radishes and a few more mange tout. Also several different herbs to go in the dishes that I cooked for dinner. It's so satisfying to be able to just pop outside to grab what I need instead of using dried

Comment

• Another ice cream tub of raspberries, 1 runner bean(the first), gooseberries and some beetroot for the kind souls who donated manure to allotments.
      No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• My lunch

Egg from my girls, lettuce, Mexican tree spinach, baby chard leaves, flat leaf parsley, garlic chives, cherry toms, cucumber, yellow french beans (a little past their best)and a few green ones, courgette. Served with home grown garlic and oil dressing. It was delicious
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Scarlet; 17-07-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• My first runners of the year....never made in front of the camera, just looked to good to resist!

Comment

• Rocket and basil for a pasta lunch, courgettes & swedes to use in tea tonight, probably mash them with potatoes.

Comment

• Shallots,garlic, raspberries, gooseberries.
              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Cherry Toms, Louisa Cucumber, Little Gem Lettuce and Basil
                What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Potatoes, broad beans, strawberries, PSB and courgettes (I followed Martins advice about searing the californian poppy stems in boiling water and it seems to have worked, they're not wilting)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• First picking of peas!...can't wait!!!!
                    I have found it soooo hard not to eat them raw but we're having our first 2 yellow courgette as well ...plus own spuds and frozen apple with our daughter's rare breed pork.
                    Followed by black cherries!

First total home produced meal this year.
                    Feels good doesn't it?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well done Nicos. Sounds lovely. If i lived near i would be tempted to drop by.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce and scallions.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Raspberries, strawberries, cabbage "Greyhound", french beans, runner beans and enough flowers to fill three vases.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Cleared broad beans- 10lbs to process!The sutton was extremely prolific- will grow them again.

Comment

• Yesterday I pulled the last few radishes in two of the squares. No courgettes ready at the moment but it looks like I'm going to have a dozen ready all at the same time.

Comment

• Today I picked the last Little Gem for tonight's salad (note to self: sow more on a regular basis so you don't run out!!!) and half a dozen Perfect 3 Beetroot
                                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X