• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhubarb ready to make jam tomorrow.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ive got a cucumber!!!

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• WSB( some more uncovered when I cleared bed for beans so I left them), my first sutherland and east friesian kales(delicious), tai sai, ivory pak choi, lobjoits.
        Cauliflower(bolting but nice), green garlic- couldn't resist trying one early- and spring green yesterday.
        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• My first Spanish flat beans "Romano" sown on 10th April, and a white pointy cabbage "Duncan" that was sown last October.
          Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• The first head of Celery. Yummmmm
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Strawberries

Comment

• Ditto, lots of them
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Strawberries here as well
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just under 2lb of new potatoes. Think they were Kestrel.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Beetroot, salad leaves, courgettes, cucumbers, basil and spring onions.
                      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Strawberries-5, broad beans, peas, cauliflower and little gems.
                        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Cucumbers!
                          Two of 'em

Paris pickling variety from realseeds, in the greenhouse.
                          I am soooo impressed, this is earlier than I've ever harvested Qs in my life!
                          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• More strawberries, got a pound and a half in freezer now, for jam later
                            Nearly 3 pounds of Casablanca spuds
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Nannysally99; 18-06-2015, 03:50 PM.
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Broadbeans- they were fantastic on bruscetta rubbed with home made garlic and topped with olive oil, lemon and mint.
                              Globe artichokes and shallots( early but have some clams and mussels and fancied shallot vinegar!)
                              Joyous!

Comment

• First harvest of the summer purple sprouting broccoli (santee).

Weirdly, I'd left one of last winters PSB plants (rudolph) in the ground, and it's grown fresh leaves and has started producing new stems of broccoli. I'd thought winter broccoli was biennial, but this one's determined to keep going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X