X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 21up View Post
    Hi Deano
    we had our lottie done twice last year not mine actually,they took a rotovator 2 plots from me.
    smashed shed door right off and smashed all side to get it mind you the guy is not bothered still got no door on.
    Ihad only had my shed a week so now i dont lock it.

But somebody came in last week i found my drawers open and thought it was my next door plot guy.,when i asked him if he had been in my shed to borrow owt,and told him why.
    He said no but wondered why his tools were not where he had put them.
    so they did not have to smash door to get in.
    Glad you survived it with no damage hope it stays like that. Local to you so any help just ask
    cheers Peter
    Isn't it interesting that they never steal spades, forks, hoes and rakes? (or is that just on my allotment site) These thugs do not steal work. They just steal things that seem to make jobs easier like anything electrical or power driven. Their mates would not buy anything that suggested that they do some work like dig the garden with a spade.

Comment

• Planted some home guard and rocket earlies in the polytunnel. Also planted some more chillis... its a weakness...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        Horse radish - almost annhilation complest.
        Please tell me how you have managed this! I'm sure that the horseradish on my plot would survive a nuclear attack.

Comment

• Went to Dobbies today and I was very good - knew what I wanted, straight in, got it and out again.

Cowels garden centre, however, was a different matter

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Very windy today so only down for a couple of hours.
            Laid the rest of the slabs for the shed base and also measured out where all the beds are going to be going so once 'The Manor' (aka the shed) is installed I can get to it with the digging.
            Also think I have found a good spot for my fruit trees.

Comment

• So cold this morning so spent an hour in the garage (which also doubles as my potting shed) tidying up and clearing things ready for the planting onslaught! Then after lunch the sun came out so got busy with my new secateurs. Productive afternoon!

Comment

• Today I've rearranged the furniture in the kitchen, put up up the pasting table in front of the window then built greenhouse staging an top of that. Now i can start sowing in earnest, although I should have started in January.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• I harvested some Brussels sprouts and PSB, then spent some time digging over the soil in the polytunnel at the allotment. It's the first time I'm going to be using as it as I prefer using the greenhouse in my own back garden, but as I ran out of space in there last year it's about time! I then planted some broad beans in there to see what will happen - I know they don't like being moved but equally I haven't had any joy planting them in the open ground at this time of year. So we'll see!

Comment

• Originally posted by catgirl View Post
                    I harvested some Brussels sprouts and PSB, then spent some time digging over the soil in the polytunnel at the allotment. It's the first time I'm going to be using as it as I prefer using the greenhouse in my own back garden, but as I ran out of space in there last year it's about time! I then planted some broad beans in there to see what will happen - I know they don't like being moved but equally I haven't had any joy planting them in the open ground at this time of year. So we'll see!
                    Catgirl, have you tried the gutter method? I'll be giving it a go once I've cut up the gutter, cleaned up the greentent and built the staging. Maybee tomorrow.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Wasn't so
                      Any today, it was very cold,but sunny. Weeded around my currant bushes,dug up some brambles and nettles that seemed to like entwining around the roots of bushes. Dug round them a bit. Spoke to fellow Lottie neighbour who now has 2 dogs, ( one of which is very old, and Not on lead!! Okay the moment but Not when you have seedlings growing, oh dear.

Then went to wilko's and bought some potash for currant bushes ( hope that's right !), and some seed trays, and a multi pack of gardening gloves, and just 3 pks seeds.

Got home and looked through 'seed tin' and wonder how come I have 8 packets of broccoli seed !

Feel good for having done something constructive on plot tho.
                      DottyR

Comment

• Done a bit of tidying up on the lottie and installed some anti impact kinetic dampening rods in the green house.

OK I've pushed some canes inbetween my staging and the cover of my blowaway so that when the wind gets up the cover doesn't thwack into my seed trays an project them off the shelves.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• I went to the garden centre - its a family run one and they have really expanded their 'grow your own' section. I got absolutely meserised by the 30 odd verieties of seed spud, ket alone the dozen or so rhubarb.
                          I heard a chicken - I though it was a sound effect for their birdy stuff etc. I nearly had heart failure as I went base over apex whikst trying not to step on the 3 chickens that had taken up residence under the long spud display.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Can't think what I did today.........................oh yes, I remember, phew. Raked up a few piles of leaves (that I left yesterday as it was too cold) & put them into the new leaf bin (chicken wire wrapped round 4 stakes). Put some garden waste on't compost heap, tickled over't beds, I've nowt to go in 'em yet but they do like a bit o' tickling.............broke the ice on't pond...................secured debris netting over't Brassica cage & took a couple o' pics for't calendar. I think that's it. Oh, I almost forgot........also sowed 40 Tomatoes...........
                            Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-02-2015, 08:47 PM.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Pollinated the flowers on my tomatoes for the nth time just to make sure - they are the first ones that have opened since October-ish. Potted up some lettuce seedlings. Mixed some old potato compost with vermiculite and blood fish and bone ready for planting later on. Harvested some potatoes. Had a feel under the fleece and decided that it was too cold under there to plant the onion sets yet.

Tried to persuade some wandering worms that they would be better in the wormery than on the garage floor.
                              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Moved a butler sink ready for mint - got very wet - went home
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X