Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I mainly replaced my fan belt and headed to the plot.

I had to reorganise my greenhouse (and therefore some of my shed too) to plant 8 Swift seed potatoes in flower buckets and 6 Aaron Pilot in compost bags as they were chitted - a little earlier than planned but what the hell, will give them a try

Then home to shower, made mozzarella, then pizza!

Comment

• Today, I've not managed to do much beyond checking and watering my 'babies' before coming into work. When I get out of here though I am hoping to go and get a few bags of bark and some more multi purpose compost. I am also on the hunt for wall planters for my strawberries but no one seem to be stocking them yet, it's the cheaper plastic type I'm after, simply because I need so many.

Comment

• Spent just under an hour this afternoon tidying up my plot 18A - still have one path, a bit along one edge and the storage area to do but quite pleased with it so far :-)

Attached Files
        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Sorry Deano, but I've removed your photos as the Vine may also be deemed at fault for publishing them
          I understand VC!

Trust it to be the "Mad Mod with a pointy stick" that had to intervene!

Hey! It lasted 3 n a bit hours!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Deano, Do you want to borrow my Pointy stick to poke your fire

Comment

• I installed a homemade worm tower today and added some compostables to it. Hope it works.
              I also washed my new Morrisons buckets out today.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Deano, Do you want to borrow my Pointy stick to poke your fire
                Nah! I have my own handy helping assistant with our own "Fire Stick"

But cheers anyway!
                Attached Files
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Today I worried whether Deano has a carbon monoxide alarm next to his stove.
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• See you've been dragged into the H & S gone mad clan Martin!

Retirement is doing you no good!

Comment

• After lunch returned to allotment and began tidying plot 11A - quite a bit done but ran out of time to take pics as I had to pick eldest grandson up from school - will get them tomorrow
                      Last edited by Sheneval; 26-01-2015, 06:42 PM.
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• I put a bucket over our rhubarb and pulled a stray carrot, washed and ate it. Lovely taste
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• I took my second water butt down the allotment. It was quite nice just to sit on my bench and watch the world go by. Loads of birds about and a couple of grey squirrels were jumping about in the trees opposite my plot.
                          Got a good few weeds popping up but ground is very wet and boggy so will have to wait a bit longer before I walk about on the dug over areas.
                          sigpic

Comment

• It was a brave and heroic battle but......the horse radish finally beat me. Anybody know where to get napalm from?
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• This was on sat/ sun.
                              Dug over and raked level an 8ft by 8ft section de-weeding as I go (lots of couch grass) laid paving slabs as a base for the new shed.
                              Put a compost bin on site.

Jobs for this weekend if the rain/ snow hold off.
                              Need a few more slabs but ordering the shed this weekend and will measure and mark out the paths and beds, cover most in weed membrane while I dig/ de-weed the first bed.

Comment

• Not Really relevant to here but feeling very sorry for myself.

Last night dilocated my knee this morning trip to a and e!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X