No announcement yet.

Everyones must grow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomatoes are the must have amd winter squash a close second, especially if I had more sun for them.

Comment

Me - watercress
      My alter ego - radish
      My alter ego's twin sister - carrots
      My invisible friend - sugar snap peas
      The dog - garlic
      Off to take my tablets now!
      Sue
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

For pure reliability - runner beans, they never let me down. For taste - new potatoes but also something I tried for the first time this year - golden beetroot, family loved them, even the kids!

Comment

For the best tasting 'treat', it has to be sweetcorn every time. But for a dependable fresh green vegetable in the middle of winter and early spring, it has to be kale or mizuna greens. You cannot compare anything else with having a fresh vegetable in mid winter when nothing else is available.

Comment

Think it's time to refresh this thread.. for new comers this year like me

the first thing come's to my mind is beans, next courgettes then cucumbers (not just for salads ..just realised I can make tasty curries with half ripe cues

Comment

Im shocked by how little peas and strawberries have been mentioned, tastes of the summer for me. Courgettes and runner beans are staples too

Comment

Garden Gayle, we have just had a whole thread devoted to peas. Its " all about peas" .

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Climbing French beans for me. Closely followed by courgettes/squashes, leeks, parsnips.

Grew runner beans for the first time this year, and they surprised me with how lovely they were.

Sprouts are next year's project! Excited!

Comment

Chillies and garlic for me as they're the thigs I buy / use the most - they are so low maintenance too.

I do have a soft spot for tomatoes though - it reminds me of helping my grandad in his garden when I was little

Comment

it has to be
                      parsnips (as we have 3ft+ topsoil for them to grow in)
                      our own Olympe/Black Russian crossed toms
                      fresh French beans-climbing or dwarf
                      Alpine strawberries , for the taste
                      russet apples, the best of all apple tastes
                      and when we get a good summer.....lovely sweet melons/peaches and apricots..and figs
                      Last edited by BUFFS; 12-10-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

For me, my 1 must grow is, erm.....vegetables, no fruit, no vegetables doh, trying to be clever and I still can't narrow it down to 1
                        Last edited by skeggijon; 12-10-2015, 01:30 PM.
                        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Most of these...

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1378769

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I love growing tomatoes but after seeing how well my Parsnips and Onions have done this year, they are very near the top now as well.

Comment

It would have to be tomatoes for me, closly followed by onions.
                              I know onions are relatively cheap in the supermarkets but theres just something about growing onions,, after tomatoes of course.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

It has to be tomatoes, chilli's and pumpkins. Closely followed by everything else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X