TV full of poncy items.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
    Agree that this has been a v interesting discussion.

Also dead chuffed to have been introduced to The Allotment which I've bookmarked to watch later.
    That makes two of us then ... I don't often do TV but I'm looking forward to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      That makes two of us then ... I don't often do TV but I'm looking forward to that!
      The programme may be a little simplistic for the "experienced" grower - however, it's the realism of what an allotment entails which they might enjoy.

I bought the 3 disc set 5 years ago off ebay, when I first got my allotment and it was invaluable. (However, lost disc 1 somehow).
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
        The programme may be a little simplistic for the "experienced" grower - however, it's the realism of what an allotment entails which they might enjoy.

I bought the 3 disc set 5 years ago off ebay, when I first got my allotment and it was invaluable. (However, lost disc 1 somehow).
        I'd never heard of it, Kevin, so thanks for flagging it up. A bit of realism sounds wonderful. Now that's the sort of reality TV I like.
        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Kevin I'm slowly working my way through the programs it ought to be shown on TV again it makes a change to see real veg gardening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
            I suppose the other residents think that grass is far less work.
            Roger
            I often look at my lawns which "We need to mow" but it's always Jimmy that mows them.
            I have visions of no grass and nice furrows of spuds.
            Jimmy
            Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              I often look at my lawns which "We need to mow" but it's always Jimmy that mows them.
              I have visions of no grass and nice furrows of spuds.
              Jimmy
              Grass to me is a green desert!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well! that made for interesting reading!

Just goes to show how we all garden differently!

And I couldn't do without "Pouncy"

Nor my "Veggies" for that matter!

As others have said, surely it's about creating a balance between good n bad!

And I'll tell Ya what! There'll be a "Wildlife Pond" on my plot next year! Albeit a little one!
                Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 22-10-2014, 05:15 PM.
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

It's poncy

Comment

You really do live up to your signature, Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      It's poncy
                      I'm sure a little bird told me that you were sowing pansy seeds ..... Or was it violas?
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 23-10-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Shame on you, Jimmy! What would our gardens be like without flowers???? And the bees and butterflies that delight in their presence ....
                        Such beauty and wonder.
                        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I'm sure a little bird told me that you were sowing pansy seeds ..... Or was it violas?
                          Ahhh
                          My only excuse is they were free !
                          ( And did look pretty ).
                          Rumbled
                          Jimmy

Comment

And, I seem to remember that you have a flower border in which you tried to sneak some sweetcorn

Comment

Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
                              As much as I love growing my veggies, I do like to companion plant. Marigolds and nasturtiums are easy to grow and distract nasty blighters from eating so much of the veg. The allotments where I am have developed a communal area, which is filled with fruit trees and sown with wildflower mix, which has attracted a wealth of bees which benefits all of us.
                              I'm intending to grow more flowers next year - albeit ones which are edible. I'm interested in growing saffron crocusses, although not sure where to source them yet.
                              I do that too Jon, trouble is, I then get annoyed when the pests start eating the marigold and nasturtiums!!! Wish they'd all just buzz off! I think saffron crocuses are stocked by Thompson and Morgan, do you think all crocus stamen are edible? I have some, think they were the saffron variety but can't remember and don't wNt to poison myself!
                              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

You lot make me smile I love our little forum xx
                                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X