Best Makes of Seed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    Didn't stop my two eating Sweetcorn, and those silly little ones (that I have tried to grow, and failed) ... but they are addicted!!
    Horrible horrible vegetable, devil's food, only grow it as OH claims to like but then he hardly ever eats it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Tomatoes - Black Russian, Alka, Auriga [could list lots]
      Basil - Sweet genovese,
      Chillies - Prairie Fire, Numex Twilight, Cherry Bomb
      Courgette - Strata Di Italia, Atena
      Peas [pass, mice had most of them b*ggers]
      Sweetcorn [pass growing some generic Italian variety this year]
      Potatoes - Rocket
      Cucumber - Mini munch, cetriolo f1, telegraph
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Horrible horrible vegetable, devil's food, only grow it as OH claims to like but then he hardly ever eats it.
        Looks like I'm not on my own!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          only grow it as OH claims to like but then he hardly ever eats it.
          Trade him in then ...

... I like it

I presume the folk that don't like it have eaten sweet home grown ones and are not condemning it based on watery corn out of a can in school dinners??

I know it takes all sorts to make a world, but I don't think we've ever had a BBQ guest here who doesn't like Sweetcorn ... either that or they are blinking polite!
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I know it takes all sorts to make a world, but I don't think we've ever had a BBQ guest here who doesn't like Sweetcorn ... either that or they are blinking polite!
            That's different! When I've had a wine i'll eat anything and it all tastes delicious....

Comment

Trade him in then ...

... I like it

I presume the folk that don't like it have eaten sweet home grown ones and are not condemning it based on watery corn out of a can in school dinners??

I can just about force it down when raw and straight off the plant but cooked it literally makes me heave (it's the only veg I can't cope with at all). Think it's mainly the texture of it and the way it burst in your mouth like a boil - am shuddering now thinking about it...... Frozen is worse and even the look of the tinned stuff us enough to put anybody off. To be honest anything that comes out of your body without any evidence of change has got to be wrong. Normally my crop isn't that good as I don't really look after it but this year it's done really well.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigw02 View Post
                Hi guys was wondering on people's opinions for the top 3 seed varieties
                As said already, you can't be totally objective about that, just like you can't seriously have a top 3 movie stars, or pop songs .... it depends on what you like.

Veg success depends on many different variables, not just the seed, ie weather, climate (not the same thing), soil, humus, feed, orientation.

It also depends on what you want from the veg. Do you want the whole crop to ripen on the same day, or would you prefer a staggered harvest? Do you want big fruit, or is taste more important?

etc etc
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X