No announcement yet.

Super excited :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done lass,nothing beats a genuine home grown anything,especially when you have grown it,just wait until you get some to give to a friend,you will swell even more with pride,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Told my mum about it and she's asked if there will be any ready on Friday when she comes to visit (she lives nearly three hours away so not like she can nip over at harvest time)
      Not sure I can not pick them the second they're ready but feel proud that Ive grown something good enough that someone else wants to eat it- even if it is my mum!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Cucumber "Vega" - a small fruited ridge cucumber, growing outdoors in a pot in York:

There are 2 nearly ripe fruits in this picture, one near the bottom right and another just above half way up, behind the framework on the left. There are several smaller fruits developing and I have already eaten 2. This plant (there is also a younger one bottom right that hasn't yet fruited) has surpassed my wildest dreams - it is planted in the corner between a 6 ft south facing fence and an 8ft east facing leylandii hedge, with a pyramid of runner beans on the western side, so it gets only half a day or so of sun. I hand pollinate the flowers, even though there are plenty of insects, as the first few didn't "take" and went yellow.

Tremendously satisfying to grow something like this, which is meant to be fussy - I share your excitement Mumbles
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Penellype; 30-07-2014, 09:27 AM.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Moopmoop View Post
          I love homegrown cuc's, I haven't attempted any outdoor ones up in my neck of the woods as I don't know if they'd make it. Is there anyone further up North than me who has attempted outdoor cucumbers, successful or not?
          iam just south of you and also by the sea and always successfully grow market more outdoor cucs

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X