No announcement yet.

Successional Tatties

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried Christmas spuds last year but the blight got em before I did. I shall watch this spot with interest now I have found it.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Cheers Bill...........I know I don't stand much of a chance but it'll give me something to do............
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think you do have a chance, you could always bring them in at night and arrange them round the TV?

Trying to get an early start this year I planted my Rocket in mid Feb and they did precisely nothing unti 2nd week in March. Although maybe they were growing roots. I had absolutely no frost this last year but cold nights 3 to 4 degrees right until May.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          I think you do have a chance, you could always bring them in at night and arrange them round the TV?
          Hmmm........... raising couch potatoes, then?

Comment

I've already started Bill. 1st bucket due for lifting 1st Sept, currently 2ft tall..................that'll soon change..............
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Sounds an interesting project...

I grow spuds in buckets every year due to limitation on land and generally do a "Christmas Bucket" or three which do produce a nice meal and something to brag about to the MIL!!!

Reinforcing some earlier posts I find that growing season is longer and the crop weight get smaller as year light and heat levels fall.

I basically look to start the buckets off assuming there will be little growth from early November onwards - ie first earlies that are 10 to 12 weeks would go in mid-August at the latest.

BTW during summer, with our own small potatoes from buckets, we tend not to use potatoes from the supermarket but occasionally we need to buy a bag of potatoes for roasting for large family do's. This bag rarely gets finished and normally is found with advanced chits sometime later. These spuds are excellent for using as "Christmas Spuds" as they don't grow to full maturity and are free. I put three potatoes in as I generally have loads.

Good Luck!
              The proof of the growing is in the eating.
              Leave Rotten Fruit.
              Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
              Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
              Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

1st Flower Bucket

Well, 15 weeks is up so I've just emptied the first flower bucket. Not much to write home about but it's a profit & they are perfect.

Attached Files

Comment

Very encouraging to those of us who try to produce spuds each year for that December festival - I've never had any at THAT time but have had a (very) few on one or two years in June.
                  Of course, this years are already down in a big bucket.
                  My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

My first 15 buckets are Osprey which are a second early but from now on the remainder will be Rocket which are first earlies so the extra couple of weeks "may" help.........I'm not holding out much hope but will give it a bash.

Comment

Go, BM, go!!
                      My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

This weeks yield:
                        Pathetic but none the less, perfect & still in profit.

Attached Files

Comment

If you suceed BM I will donate £25 to your preferred charity.....so good luck

Comment

I should have said I will sttle for three failures

Comment

I think your money will be safe GL but a very kind offer nonetheless.

Comment

Todays Bucket:

Not bad, in perfect condition. Still in profit, another 4 spuds towards my seeds for next year............

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X