No announcement yet.

Picked my first................2014

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.........my first globe artichokes! Least trouble, greatest reward! Gorgeous. Got them before blackfly discover Satnavs.

Comment

first carrots of the year, from the greenhouse where they've been since late summer
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We've had a quite constant supply of radish I'm thinking to let these ones all grown and plant something else I'm quite bored of the salad radish now, rocket is finally big enough to start being picked for sandwiches in a min

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Radish for me too...

I've had some spinach but I'm not sure if that counts?
          Attached Files

Comment

I emptied a pot of Rocket Spuds today ( planted 17 Feb) got about 1.3 pound of spuds! Earliest I've had.
            Hussar!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Eldritch View Post
              I emptied a pot of Rocket Spuds today ( planted 17 Feb) got about 1.3 pound of spuds! Earliest I've had.
              Well that's good, how many seeds to a bag did you put?
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                Well that's good, how many seeds to a bag did you put?
                I'll be honest 5 in one of those big 45 ltr rubber tubs with handles! But I wanted as many as I could as fast as possible with them. Early firsts earlies!
                Last edited by Richard Eldritch; 07-05-2014, 08:02 PM.
                Hussar!

Comment

I have picked my first salad leafs....tasted nice to
                  Carrie

Comment

Radish down here too.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lettuce, radish and spring onions here.

Comment

Asparagus, I have about 24plants that are 3years old so it's full steam ahead this year for picking. Looking for a variety of recipes. Found a good one that dipped them in batter and deep fried.

Comment

Asparagus. Lurverly with butter lemon juice and black pepper.... having just been steamed

Not tried them deep fried. Is that a Morvern thing
                          I fear no beer

Comment

I had my first strawberries of the season from my polytunnel, a bowl of lovely elsantas with cream cheered me right up as I looked out at hailstones pounding my garden.

Comment

My first new potatoes - from a pot in the GH. Probably would have had more/larger potatoes If I'd left them longer but I can't resist rootling for taties.
                              There are none left now - I've eaten the lot, with butter Scrumptious!!

Comment

Picked my first artichokes! Not huge (about the size of an apple) but there are lots more on the way so I thought I could treat myself.....Now for the faffing about in order to consume not much (although delicious) veg
                                There is no dress rehearsal for life. Not many second chances. Make the most of every day and spend as much of it as you can creating little moments of happiness!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X