Clear All

• Spinach - Samish.
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Purple basil in the prop on the bedroom windowsill - we'll see
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Am I too late to start some winter cabbages? Ive cleaned my greenhouse out and its so empty...

I was also going to start my potato bag off now, I've insulated my greenhouse to keep in a lot more heat (last night it was pretty cold and the temp didn't drop below 12c)
        Last edited by Tomatoe; 14-10-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• No harm in trying some cabbage seeds, although you are far more likely to get spring greens than anything edible over winter. Regarding the potatoes I think it wil crucially depend on what sort of winter we get. Last winter they would have been fine. In 2010 I doubt anything that was not frost hardy would have survived without a considerable investment in heating.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Yesterday I sowed 3 beetroot seeds in masking tape as an experiment. May put some more onion sets in today.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• This week mustard greens, mizuna and radish. All a bit late but with the warm/hot spell you never know.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sowed my forage peas yesterday, over one half of a large bed. Also put down some old tiles to act as stepping stones across the bed. It looks nice! Great that it rained in the night and watered the peas in nicely.
                My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Yesterday.

Little gem lettuce,
                  Iceburg Lettuce,
                  Curly lettuce,
                  Kohl rabi,
                  Basil,
                  Mint,

and please do not hate me

toped up on, as so did not take thanks for puppies getting them

beef tomatoes
                  cherry tomatoes
                  yellow leg tomatoes
                  Bell pepper
                  to go into the polytunnel

loads for today if i get time as well
                  I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Lisa, I envy you being able to grow stuff like that in the winter, but no hate And I don't think I'd like your summers, because I find even Slovak summers get too hot for me at times.

I did sow some rocket a few days ago, which might grow if we get a mild winter like the last one.
                    Last edited by Zelenina; 20-10-2014, 10:45 AM. Reason: adding a bit extra

Comment

• Broad beans. Might get round to some garlic later.

Am mostly drying seeds, not sowing them.
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Last years summer was ok, this year very hot, couldn't go out in it, gardening at night. We have only been here for 2 years, next year we are not planning to be around for august.

Originally posted by Zelenina View Post
                        Lisa, I envy you being able to grow stuff like that in the winter, but no hate And I don't think I'd like your summers, because I find even Slovak summers get too hot for me at times.

I did sow some rocket a few days ago, which might grow if we get a mild winter like the last one.
                        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Found a packet of radish that said on the packet, that you can sow under cover oct-feb. So in my polytunnel I sowed some. Looking forward to some with my winter salad leaves! (If they grow!)

Comment

• Seeds sown today

"Nantes 2" carrots, spinach Riccio, and round carrots "Round of Paris". The first lot of Nantes carrots (sown about 4 weeks ago) are now about 3 inches tall. The first lot of round ones are not germinating very well so here goes with another lot. Also sowed "Lincoln" peas.
                            Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• Sowed today

Parsnips - Gladiator - why? Cos I can Went to sow some beetroot - Boltardy and there were no seeds in the packet! The seal was intact though But Sowseeds are sending me out another packet - happy days
                              Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• Namenia.

No, I hadn't heard of it either! Was visiting Harlow Carr gardens in Harrogate the other day and couldn't resist looking at the seeds. This is described on the packet as "Mild, crunchy, spinach taste" and is a salad leaf from the brassica family. Sow March-April it says, but I thought I'd give it a go in the grow light garden.
                                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X