This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine too! But must admit! I'm a little out of my "Comfort Zone"

Don't normally start sowing till mid March! But intrigued with this growing light jobby! So thought I'd give it a bash!

Although not a permanent thing, I have an idea! But work commitments do get in the way at times! Maybe tomoz! "It being Lazy Sunday"
    Attached Files
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
      Just about yo start off a few seeds indoors, quick question. I have access to a quantity of polystyrene cups, decent size. Would these be ok to start off sweetcorn and sweet peas etc.thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
      Yes they should be fine as long as you pop a drainage hole in the bottom or ensure you don't over water the seeds in the cups

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Hi, I sowed some broccoli and cauliflour a week ago indoors and they've come up, but look quite lanky without much foliage, I'm thinking they've come up to quick and am planning on putting them in the greenhouse to slow down a bit. Can anyone advise if this is the right thing to do?

Comment

• I sowed some 'poppy' seeds today, to be started off inside, I have some others that it says sow directly. My goodness they are the smallest seed I have ever seen, good thing I didn't sneeze.

Also sowed some Cosmos, and transplanted some cucumbers (3) to larger pots, I guess I'll have to keep them indoors till it gets warmer.

And some Coriander, indoors, in little pots, hope it germinates.
          DottyR

Comment

• Today I sowed celery, brussels sprouts, cucumbers and lettuce.

Gibsonsa, with hardy stuff like broccoli and cauliflowers I move them somewhere cool and light as soon as they come through. So yes, put them in the greenhouse, they'll like it better in there. I haven't got one, mine have to make do with the cold frame.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by gibsonsa View Post
              Hi, I sowed some broccoli and cauliflour a week ago indoors and they've come up, but look quite lanky without much foliage, I'm thinking they've come up to quick and am planning on putting them in the greenhouse to slow down a bit. Can anyone advise if this is the right thing to do?
              It sounds as though they need more light. They should be ok in the greenhouse, as broccoli and cauliflower are fairly hardy and its not that cold. They would certainly be better in there than in a darkish room indoors.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Thought I'd posted this already, but doesn't seem to be here , apologies if it is

100% germination rate Broad Beans, Red Epicure

Good eh, never had that before
                Attached Files
                DottyR

Comment

• What would be ok to sow In propagator in an unhealthful greenhouse now ? I'm guessing from the previous post that Brussels and cauliflower what is considered a hardy veg ???

Comment

• Finally got started with sowing some seeds. Broad beans, sprouts, broccoli and some tomatoes. Hoping to sow some cauli and peppers tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakejakeyjakejake View Post
                      What would be ok to sow In propagator in an unhealthful greenhouse now ? I'm guessing from the previous post that Brussels and cauliflower what is considered a hardy veg ???

Have a look at the sowing dates on the seed packets, but you should fine there are quite a few which say March, even outdoors. Things like brassicas, lettuces, peas and beans should be fine in a greenhouse, but don't try tomatoes, courgettes or anything like that if you don't have any heat.
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

What would be ok to sow In propagator in an unhealthful greenhouse now ? I'm guessing from the previous post that Brussels and cauliflower what is considered a hardy veg ???

Gees..................I wish the vine would ban iPhones..............it's got a lingo of it's own......
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Still haven't started! I have now moved all of my seeds out of their many hiding places and they are in a big pile on the kitchen counter! Ready to be put into date order. That is as far as I have got. Oh, and the compost is out of the car boot and is residing in the garden... Progression I say!
                          You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            Gees..................I wish the vine would ban iPhones..............it's got a lingo of it's own......
                            What the hell even is unhealthful is that even a word only use iphone as my PC is non functional

Comment

my PC is non functional
                              I guess it'll be knickered then..................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I've sown my onions and leeks earlier this week, and have started off some peas and the rest of the chillis - if they all set fruit we will have to cook a lot of spicy food next year. At this count I'm at about 16 plants
                                My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X