Vegboi Mark's Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Congrats on getting your new plot I know you've had problems with planning your original plot due to its odd shape but this one is just perfect
    Thank you, yes I've probably taken easy option but I thought it made sense and more cost effective. I will miss other plot, it excited about new one. Previous owner sold shed and greenhouse for £100. Think that was a good price.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Happy Friday everyone I've put done pics of the work I did this morning and yesterday when I got the plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vegboi View Post
        Happy Friday everyone I've put done pics of the work I did this morning and yesterday when I got the plot. [ATTACH]41027[/ATTACH][ATTACH]41028[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

Comment

That's a huge GH, Mark!! Well worth £100 and the layout looks good too

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            That's a huge GH, Mark!! Well worth £100 and the layout looks good too
            Thanks VC I was just unsure about layout and if I would have put the beds sideways to get more in? I have a few fruit trees need to plant just unsure where to put them and I need to create a screen to hide the compost bins. I used scaffolding boards as fronts but do I need to cover the tops? Appreciate your help

Comment

Mark if you look for your plot on google earth then you'll see were North and South are so you'll be able to decide the best place to put taller growing items like your fruit trees.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                Mark if you look for your plot on google earth then you'll see were North and South are so you'll be able to decide the best place to put taller growing items like your fruit trees.
                Thanks for the heads up Bren , hope your well

Comment

Good morning from the allotment I'm clearing the beds slowly I have today dug up blackcurrent bushes , need pearls of wisdom please. Taken some pictures for your reference, I would like to know what should I plant in front of compost bins to create a screen? Was thinking two fruit trees and black currant bushes and other area is a two beds kind of split into one containing rhubarb should I plant other two fruit trees and black currants there along side rhubarb ? And lastly do I move the raspberries or leave them?

Attached Files

Comment

Looks Good Vegboi, keep up the good work...and start planning! xx

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                      Looks Good Vegboi, keep up the good work...and start planning! xx
                      Cheers Paul

I took plunge and planted my apple and pear tree among blackcurrent bushed to create screen in front of compost bins and a cherry and plum and black currant bushes to create a screen by the fence. Do you have a plot yourself?

Comment

Hello all I really need someone to give me a kick up the ass, plot is nearly ready now, I have brought lots of seeds but I have no idea what to plant where I need so eon to make the decisions for me, lol anyone

Comment

Mark! Although I do admire your enthusiasm, this year is your first true year as an "Allotmenteer"

Not every bed has to be filled, it's an ongoing process! Hey! I am nowhere declaring Myself an expert! But our first year we just set up three temporary beds n grew what we wanted to eat! Knowing there was a lot of work to do!

Could bore everybody to death with pictures, but a lot of knowledgable gardening people on here have done it all before!

So my advise would be, sow what ya like to eat! There's no major rush! It's gardening, n supposed to be enjoyable!
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Thanks Deano I know your right I guess I want to grow everything lol and realistically I can't

Comment

Went to plot this morning for a few hours I got rid of a raised bed inside GH and started to lay paving stones from my old plot , whilst there I noticed that the rhubarb was starting to get leaves on them and one of my fruit trees has got leaves on but have started to go brown like rust - is this normal? Also it had two white flowers on.

Would appreciate advice I'll try and get a pic.

Mark

Last edited by vegboi; 12-01-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Just wondering how I should lay my gh out inside, any tips just need to finishing laying slabs on floor.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X