No announcement yet.

Broken Loppers!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what's on special offer at the Garden Centre group this month - Yes, you're right - half price at £19.99 Think I may take my broken ones in and see whether they can supply replacement blades for it
    Its worth asking the question if you are tempted to buy a pair. The replacement ones haven't broken .........yet!!!

Comment

See if you can cut a deal with them on replacement blades, Veggie. They should be quite keen !
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

An old thread, but avoid the Fiskars geared loppers. The 'engineering plastic' on mine snapped when cutting a 1" branch. I bought some Wilkinson Sword geared bypass loppers, and they handled the same branch with ease. I think they are not quite the same model as in the OP.

Comment

I know this isn't very honest thing to do. But you could return to the place you bought the loppers from, buy another pair. Wait a few weeks and take the old pair back with the new receipt & ask for your money back.
          Last edited by NatalieCooke; 15-08-2014, 03:31 PM.
          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by ButternutSquash View Post
            An old thread, but avoid the Fiskars geared loppers. The 'engineering plastic' on mine snapped when cutting a 1" branch. I bought some Wilkinson Sword geared bypass loppers, and they handled the same branch with ease. I think they are not quite the same model as in the OP.
            I've own a pair of Fiskars Geared Loppers for about 2 years. Couple of weeks ago I sent them a picture of the Loppers as the blade wasn't closing together very well, left about a 2mm gap. They send me replacement parts free or charge no questioned asked.
            @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
              I know this isn't very honest thing to do. But you could return to the place you bought the loppers from, buy another pair. Wait a few weeks and take the old pair back with the new receipt & ask for your money back.
              It was the local garden centre - and it burnt to the ground last December.
              Don't know where to look for sell-off seeds now

Comment

I was in The Ranger earlier looking at the gardening tools. I noticed they were selling your loppers there.
                @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X