Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    I'm strong enough to scrape the skin off a rice pudding
    If you're throwing that skin away I'll have it, I love the skin.

There used to be a factory in Bridgend VC that made products for Wilkinson Sword, Fiskars. They moved to Nottingham back in 2010 from memory, shame I loved their sell off area.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

G4 I have a ratchetty pair from L!dl and they'll go through some hefty branches. I put one handle on my stomach and pull the other one in with both hands - I'm sure its a Pilates exercise
      Mikey, they used to have a sell-off place in the McArthur Retail park - wondered what had happened to it

Comment

I had a £4.99 pair of Wilkos loppers that not surprisingly broke so I exchanged them for a £9.99 pair of gear loppers which seem much better made but have not had much use yet so time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          You'll just have to be gentle with this pair................
          Just keep them for pruning your celery

Comment

I can see how you might have been a little bit hacked off Veggie, but I am tempted to say, the replacements are likely to be a snip at the price...
            (I'm sorry, but despite the application of shear selfcontrol I cannot prevent making an attempt at cutting edge humour...)
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Where've you been Snohare? I've really missed your cutting edge humour

Comment

Aha, Snohare has returned with his sharp comments .........the master of the Non Secateur

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                  I can see how you might have been a little bit hacked off Veggie, but I am tempted to say, the replacements are likely to be a snip at the price...
                  (I'm sorry, but despite the application of shear selfcontrol I cannot prevent making an attempt at cutting edge humour...)
                  Sharp and to the point!
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I can't help but feel that you lot versus me here is a very lop-sided contest...
                    I would make a snappy comeback but I'm afraid that it will test more than just Veggie's mettle !
                    Rustylady, it's amazing how early winter comes this far up North, I think I went into hibernation about midsummer this year !
                    My bedtime tends to come earlier these days, hence not so much time on the Vine.

Comment

Don't worry, Sno - your incisive remarks would carve a way through the opposition.
                      Changes subject..........I heard there was snow forecast for the Grampians Better get your winter fur out of the wardrobe

Comment

Hmm, seems like you want to bypass the original issue, Veggie...
                        I catch your drift, but don't worry, the weather here will not catch me on the hop. In actual fact, it has been incredibly mild here the last couple of days, but I saw that nasty yellow snowy tinge in the evil black clouds last week and started thinking about buying thermal underwear. (An investment that always gives even an Aberdonian a warm feeling ! )

Comment

your incisive remarks would carve a way
                          It's funny - I had a gnawing fear someone would say that...

Comment

Well, I'm sure you wanted the tooth, the hole tooth and nothing but the tooth, the way you were mouthing ........

Comment

Yes yes, no need to rabbit in, I have a big mouth... But perhaps if I chews not to keep it shut, it is because the daily grind has me biting off a bit too much.
                              Still, that was a n ice thought you had, warning me about the weather. Thank you, Veggie.

Comment

Snow trouble, Sno

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X