No announcement yet.

Picked my first..............2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

potatoes, parsley...........boiled spuds, fish and parsley sauce for tea..yum-yum
    '' We came in different ships, but we're all in the same boat ''

''I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand.''

Comment

Still waiting for a..........strawberry, tomato, cucumber, courgette, bean, raspberry etc etc.........
      I knew you'd all make me envious

Comment

We had no cucumbers last year, so no chances taken this year AND growing each tomato plant with double stem as experiment to hopefully get huge crop as last year appalling on every level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ger-annie-um View Post

beetroot bolted as did the chard, probably too late to sow more now so a sad shortage of beetroot & chilli relish this year.............unless I buy beetroot(wash my mouth out!)
          I don't think it's too late to sow either of those- I always have beetroot on the go during summer....

Comment

^ Just put some more beetroot in last night meself.

Have already picked in order of arrival; Radishes, Lettuce, Basil, Coriander, Parsley, Spinach, New Potatoes (Kestrel?), Tondo di Toscana Courgette (huge, scopped out and baked with a delicious filling), strata di italia courgette and cucumber(s).

Think we will be dining on courgette and potato based dishes for a while

Any good courgette curry recipes? (I'll use the search box)
            While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

An accidental potato
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

A flurry of blackbirds gave the game away - I have some ripe raspberries (6) - and I've eaten them already!!! Summer has arrived
                I've moved a couple of strawberry pots into the GH for safety
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

So far.....

Salad leaves aplenty, spring onions, radish. Tumbler and Sungold a few.

Load of spuds, calabrese and a couple of courgettes, loads of peas. 1 lone cauliflower.

I was going to pick some strawberries but SWMBO beat me to it, then sat there and ate them with cream whilst I watched.

Potty
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

First goosegogs any day now - Jenny Lind, London, and Langley Gage.
                    Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Only strawberries here so far. I've been eating them for a few weeks now and harvested the remaining few last night. Everything else is behind schedule by a couple of months due to the six-month long winter. I would be surprised if I get to eat any other home-grown produce this side of August.
                      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

First Peas this week.

Comment

Radish about a three weeks ago (way ahead of the lettuce which I started taking leaves from last week). I've been taking the odd leaf of the beetroot and turnips to use in stir fries (over the last couple of weeks). Started cropping new potatoes last week (Rocket) and today we used our first cabbage (Greyhound, grown close together to use like spring greens).

Bliss - garden yards rather than air miles :-) Lots of things showing promise - hopefully we'll be inundated in the next couple of weeks. I've told the OH all our veggies have to come from the garden for the rest of the summer :-)

Comment

first mangetout today Woohoo!

Comment

This any good VC todays harvest. Great what a couple of days of warm weather will do.

Potty
                              Attached Files
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

You lucky so and so I could sit down and eat that lot right now!!
                                I do have something to boast about today - my first RADISH It shouldn't have left its mother really - it was tiny Maybe tomorrow there'll be one worth bragging about

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X