hows everyones chilli plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine... or about half of them...

Pretty pleased with how their going this year.

Got some Superhots which I've never really tried or had success with in the past as well (My 7 Pot and Hot Paper Lanterns are probably my favorite so far, they absolutely reek of pungent hot chilli peppers).

My list is something like this:

Chillies
    7 Pot
    Aji Hot
    Cayenne
    Chenzo
    Cheyenne
    Dorset Naga Test (from my own seed last year)
    Fatali
    Firecracker
    Fuego
    Goats Horn
    Habanero Hot Paper Lantern
    Hungarian Hot Wax
    Jalapeno
    Joes Long Cayenne
    Padron
    Prairie Fire
    Riot
    Ruben
    Tabasco
    Twilight
    Wenks Yellow Hot

Sweet
    Antoi Romanov
    Cali Wonder

As per usual I have sown way to many and have at least two of each variety... Whoops

Every Bloomin Year!!

Attached Files

Comment

I've got

3 x Habaneros
      2 x Scotch Bonnets
      3 x Ring of Fires - my favourite
      1 x Cherry bomb
      1 x jalapeno
      4 x numex twilight
      3 x Anaheim
      2 x ?? (seeds came from plant bought last year - it's small and has purpley-black leaves and fruit. Fruits are tiny but very potent for their size)

All doing well, sown late feb in propagator on windowsill and potted on. Heights vary 1-4" tall. I also seem to struggle to get Habs to break out of their shells, most seem to get stuck no matter how long I soak them for, so am quite happy to have got 3 this year.

I bought 3 x cheyennes from a garden centre, they've started to flower but the last 3 days they've developed a white fluffy deposit on the top stems. I've isolated them but can't work out yet if it's a virus or not. My instinct says burn them.
      http://batteriesarentincluded.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I might have killed mine. Potted them up - but had had it under a plastic bottle still and didn't put that back. So they wilted quite insanely in a short space of time. They've perked up now and I'll wean them off the bottle slowly now.

Comment

I have various nagas, fatali yellow, ugandan red - these all overwintered and some with small chillis.

new sowings this year of Nagas - spanish, naglaha, and bangladeshi strain. Trinidad scorpion. tunisian baklouti, big jim, delhi hot and indian pot . Young ones growing well . need to repot last years.

Already being attacked by greenfly so I sprayed the bigger ones with neem oil spray but a bit nervous to use on little ones yet just in case they dont like it

Comment

when will the summer come? last night the min/max thermometer in the greenhouse went down to 3deg and thats in may,today is not much warmer,the forecast was for a much higher figure,it is way below their guess,probably just that,a guess,forecast is on now ,and they are 5/6 deg out,and they say it will be cooler over the weekend, we havent seen any growth in the chilli/peppers for the last three weeks,is that summer over?same week as it finished last year and the year before,they do say that some things never change....

Comment

I want to get all mine out into the polytunnel but the night time weather isn't good at the moment in Yorkshire :-(
              -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
              Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

yes the night time temperatures even much further South in cArdiff, are sometimes dipping to around 3-5 degrees

Comment

looks like i'm buying chillies/ chilli plants this year... think i was a tad late... ahh well we live and learn
                  If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero

my memories of my garden http://lisamcflisagarden.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

here are a few pics that I took today. The recent sunny weather has been very good for the plants.

THe red savina now has small fruit on it, and the scotch bonnet has at least 60 - 80 flowers/flower heads on it...

Lets hope everything stays like this!!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good looking plants there chilli_grower. They're pretty well advanced for the time of year; I assume you started them off under lights..?

Comment

yes, under lights jan and feb, then on windowsills for march and april. Now in the greenhouse at last!!!

Bad news is, a few of the flowers have now fallen off! ah well, more will grow I am sure!!!

Comment

Mine went out into the veg plot this morning:
                          6 jalapenos
                          3 serrano
                          2 cayenne
                          1 fatalii
                          1 scotch bonnet (yellow)
                          2 pasilla
                          2 saved seed random, hairy leaved and purple flowered, just for fun.
                          Plus a sb and fatalii to go in pots and overwinter and last years overwintered fatalii (3) in a big pot.
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I believe my flowers along with the stems have been dropping off due to the fact the greenhouse was 38 degrees C inside!!!!

The flowers already had tiny chillies forming, so I know they were pollinated.

I have just put a big net curtain over the greenhouse and the temperature is dropping nicely.

so beware!

Comment

These are my chillies as of last night, currently sat in the old mans greenhouse.

Attached Files
                              An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

i potted up some of my peppers/chilies yesterday,the sun came out for a day,gone now,replaced by rain,and the best of them is still the 20p barain buy from homebase ,if it carries on like this,i know where i will be getting next years supplies from,especially at those prices...and that sunshne,ooooooh it did feel good even if only for one day...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X