No announcement yet.

hows everyones chilli plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS, I have an overwintered one from seeds you posted out to me early last year.(variety unknown!) All it's chillies point up, can't wait for them to turn red it will look lovely.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Seeing Red!

Finally seeing some red... and in a good way!

Some of mine are starting to turn red and I'm so excited!

Not too many aphids now so I think the garlic/chilli/soap spray followed by a bout with the hose the following evening helped.

I've even been importing lady birds that I find on my allotment!

My gusto purple has purple fruit now but one website says they go from green to red then purple but I never saw them at the red stage so they must have come on very quickly!
      http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• Wow red!! I'm starting to see lots of green

And I have not seen any lady birds yet
        Last edited by darcyvuqua; 09-07-2013, 08:53 AM.
        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• I spied some Ladybirds in my GH this morning.
          I'm just gloating Darcy, here's a pic of my red ones!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I spied some Ladybirds in my GH this morning.
            [ATTACH]37790[/ATTACH]
            Beautiful!
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• Thank you Vickki, best year I've had with chillies and the growing season isnt over yet! For the first time ever the over wintered ones have been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I spied some Ladybirds in my GH this morning.
                [ATTACH]37790[/ATTACH]
                Awesome x

Comment

• I know there's not much point sowing any chilli seeds at this time but as I'm new to this my Fuego F1 plant doesn't seem enough so I've cheated and bought 2 Apache plants from a flower shop which are just about to flower. Come January I will be planting a hell of a lot of plants but really wanted to have a different variety to see how they grow etc. To me they are looking good, what do you guys think?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Chiiliwilly; 09-07-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiiliwilly View Post
                    I know there's not much point sowing any chilli seeds at this time but as I'm new to this my Fuego F1 plant doesn't seem enough so I've cheated and bought 2 Apache plants from a flower shop which are just about the flower. To me they are looking good, what do you guys think?
                    My wife bought me an apache it's just come into flower and there's loads I like this plant I have one I grew from seed that's just a little bit behind it

Comment

• Cool! Yeah there's a quite a few flowers which are about to open up! Rather excited to see the results on all my plants when they fruit
                      Last edited by Chiiliwilly; 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,

I just wanted to update my progress with the sickly Scotch Bonnet that i had to take drastic action on (started on page 13 post 121).

It all looked a mute point with how bad it was and i have done nothing with it other than spray some of the leaves (the ones that didn't fall off) with a solution of epsom salts.
                        Since then i am happy to report that there has been some new growth.

Hopefully i can get it to grow substantially over the coming months and produce fruit next season.
                        I will update further once there has been some more improvement.

Thank you darcyvuqua for your advice.
                        It worked a treat.

Comment

• Some of my chilli plants that are fruiting.. many others nearly there too..
                          First one is a Habanero, second is Mila's Bulgarian Red, third is Cayenne, fourth is Bell Boy sweet pepper and last is Choc Miniature pepper..
                          Satan's Kiss is very slow to flower..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Tripmeup; 10-07-2013, 10:16 PM.
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• My Anaheim chillis
                            Attached Files
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

• harvest

well, here is my first chilli harvest of the year , that I picked tonight.

The jalapeno's are very hot indeed!

And the cayennes are mexican hot variety. I have not eaten any of them yet.

I will eat one raw a bit later on!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by chilli_grower; 11-07-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• 4 days into dwc feed change to flower and have the start of flowers. Things are looking good hope they don't fall off will post pics tomorrow. I will be so chuffed if I manage to get chillis from my first time with my roots in the water.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X