No announcement yet.

Sowing cucs/courgettes/squashes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand by the warm window sill-not literally, I do other things too. Avalon was threatening to break through yesterday, as was yellow scallop. Femspot and Crystal Lemon have come through.
    Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

I have a plastic greenhouse inside our glass greenhouse that looks after all of these through the colder nights. It adds another 4c to the greenhouse temp but with 1c predicted for the weekend i'll be moving them all indoors for the evenings.
      www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Evening/Morning all,

I never managed to get them planted last weekend so tomorrow it is!

Im seriously running out of space now... 20 odd toms, 40 peppers and chillies all in 5" pots...

I don't know where I'm gonna put this other stuff but hey ho! I am gonna order my 6 x 4 lean to this weekend too! Canne wait!

Wanna try a bunch of pumpkins and squash and various courgettes and cucs... Its gonna be a busy day!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by BertieFox View Post
          The locals here who witter on about planting by the Moon say that this is going to be a year with a lot of late frosts, right to the end of May. It is also a 'lune rousse' year which predicts poor weather until very late on, even after the 'Saint glaces' which are normally mid May. Before you ridicule these beliefs, as I once did, please believe that they usually get it right!

So unless you are prepared to pot on your courgettes and squashes and keep them cosy under cover, you may lose them. The best solution would be to get them outside but under covers like those plastic domes or something made out of polythene (which is what I'm planning to do with my melons.)
          I am also of the belief that we will have a later year this year so have sown a load of tomatoes this week. Plus about half my cukes and melons...other half over the next week or two.

I did sow some courgettes as testers for the greenhouse a few weeks back and they seem to be romping ahead.

Comment

Ive got most of my tomato, cucumber, courgette and melon seedlings up but they will be staying on the windowsill in the warm until at least the first week of May, poss even mid May before I move them to the greenhouse. Seems like this year the cold weather is really hanging on.
            I should be able to move my hardy flower seedlings out abit earlier so that should clear some room (having trouble finding things in the bathroom as it has become wall to wall baby plants!!LOL).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X