No announcement yet.

Update on my windowsill dwarf tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not give it a tongue in cheek name! GWR was also God's Wonderful Railway!!

Comment

Wow, Poly! That picture makes my mouth water. Are your crosses stable? I'm growing dwarf kelly green from the dwarf tomato project this summer

Comment

Thank you, I'm afraid not stable yet. Colour is a bit all over the place but height is pretty good on this batch about 15 -18''. I'd prefer 12 - 15'' though.

Dwarf Kelly Green, me too
        Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

It would be awesome if you could get great taste in such a small size. I'm so curious about your other ones now. Please post more pics if you can Looking forward to comparing the taste of Kelly green with you!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Why not give it a tongue in cheek name! GWR was also God's Wonderful Railway!!
            Fab bizarre name
            Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

These are just starting into flower with a few little fruits set, sown mid November. Two little Micro blues in the front row, the potato leaf is an F3 and I think most of the others are F1's.
              Attached Files
              Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Two siblings of God's Wonderful Railway. First is a pink, second is the one that looks to be a pale yellow/white.
                Attached Files
                Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Love it Poly

Comment

Originally posted by poly View Post
                    Two siblings of God's Wonderful Railway. First is a pink, second is the one that looks to be a pale yellow/white.
                    Hahaha the name cracks me up! Almost as random as the existing Grandpa's Cock's Plume

Thanks for sharing your pics. They look fantastic

Comment

I tasted my first windowsill tomatoes a little over a week ago. They were surprisingly tasty and so much better than the 'luxury' range supermarket toms. The variety is 'orangenie'. Below are some pics

Attached Files

Comment

I've started some Red Robin seeds (all six through now) and I'd missed this thread! I'm so excited now. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Comment

Hi Peppermint, let us know how your Red Robins taste! I had to take my Red Robin outside as there were too many aphids on the plant and it died within a couple of days due to the cold

Comment

I'll be back when they are a bigger - they are about half an inch high at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by GardenNinja View Post
                              I tasted my first windowsill tomatoes a little over a week ago. They were surprisingly tasty and so much better than the 'luxury' range supermarket toms. The variety is 'orangenie'. Below are some pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33637[/ATTACH]
                              Lovely colour, glad they were tasty. What size plant is Orangenie now? Looks nice and compact in your picture.
                              Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Hi Poly, the Orangenie has not grown much (about 3-4 cm at most) and is currently 32cm high. I think it's because of the lower light levels and being indoors. The plant has not spread and remains very compact as its leaves grow very closely to the stems. I think this will be my only repeat since it appears to be the most shade tolerant and disease resistant, with being so compact a major bonus. How are your amazing crosses doing??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X