No announcement yet.

James Wong's Homegrown Revolution

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the Fiesta popcorn seed from GO Ryton yesterday.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

There's something about it in the latest Organic Way mag - not read it yet though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I buckled and bought the book - I blame you lot for being a bad influence!

Comment

Do you have it, Thea? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it!
          Mine arrived at the same time as the Wartime Farm - I've hardly looked at that! Think it may be destined for the heap of books in the corner that I'll read one day...........

Comment

No I only just ordered it before the coupon ran out, so hopefully should be here soon!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Electric daisies anyone? This is another of James Wong's seed offers. Watch this if you're tempted by them Trying electric buttons - Claire's Allotment part 171 - YouTube Its one of the funniest tasting sessions I've watched
              wow rather her than me! What does james wong recommend them for?

Comment

I have ordered a few seeds and have the electric daisies growing on my window sill, I fancy putting them in cocktails

Comment

Out and about today, we visited the house elf garden centre and spotted all the seeds in his range. I am now the proud owner of a packet of cucamelons and some dahlias. This is as well as the purslane and hyssop ordered on line.
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                  If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

made his neem oil aphid killer - worked first time - neem oil was a bit pricey at £6.99 but then u only need a little bit so should last for years. at least it wont harm the bees, ladybirds etc

Comment

I've got a library copy of The Homegrown Revolution and am umming and ahhing over buying it. I really really really want a copy fo Alys Fowler's The Edible Garden and Nigel Slater's Tender books, so JW might have to wait his turn. I buy about two books a year, but use the library constantly, so these things are a bit of an investment.

I was given Wartime Farm for Christmas and like it as a book to dip into. Probably a good loo book Now of course I want the HFW book too *le sigh*
                      Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X