No announcement yet.

James Wong's Homegrown Revolution

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh that's so funny! I just have to grow some of those (and then take them in to work )

Comment

Originally posted by Tomato Head View Post
      Oh that's so funny! I just have to grow some of those (and then take them in to work )
      Yeah and you watch somebody have an electric daisy allergy...then you'll be in trouble!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Thanks again for the tip and the offer code - I bought Hugh FW new book for £9.99 and free postage.
        Three Good Things (Hardback) - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - 9781408828588

Comment

i love HFW im watching all his stuff on sky at the moment (repeats) and was looking at some of his books myself however there are far to many to choose from

on a plus i might just have to buy them all
          In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

I thought about buying Three Good Things but there were too many meaty recipes for me!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Thanks VVG. I'm not interested in the recipes really, more in growing unusual plants that are also edible and decorative. For example, I eat day lilies but have never thought of dahlia tubers before! So if I can have flowers and food from the same plant, I'm a happy chicken
              Dahlia tubers is a new one for me too. It would be a fitting end to those with lousy blooms. This would be in a similar vein to eating yacon. Let me know how you make out on this one VC. If we don't hear back from you, I know it's best to take a pass on this one
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.

Gertrude Jekyll

************NUTTERS' CLUB MEMBER************

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
              Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll
              tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Comment

You're going to have to put up with me for a year or two, Dusty as I haven't even bought the seeds yet!

Comment

You're going to have to put up with me for a year or two, Dusty as I haven't even bought the seeds yet!
                  Haven't been growing dahlias? A road trip to the next Seedy Sunday seems in order

Gertrude Jekyll

Comment

Dahlias?? Anything that has to be dug up and cossetted through the winter is not for me. Of course, if its edible that's different...........

Comment

Dahlias?? Anything that has to be dug up and cossetted through the winter is not for me. Of course, if its edible that's different...........
                      Quite understandable. Every year, I dig and replant dahlias and cannas over here. They seem to like sandy loam soil and it makes the task of digging less of a drudge. I don't need to worry about accidently chopping them with the spade either on the excavation.

Gertrude Jekyll

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                        i love HFW im watching all his stuff on sky at the moment (repeats) and was looking at some of his books myself however there are far to many to choose from

on a plus i might just have to buy them all
                        I would recommend Everyday as a good starter - it was £5 in WHS the other day! You get a good mix of things - cakes, dinners and snacks.

Comment

I thought about buying Three Good Things but there were too many meaty recipes for me!
                          You want Everyday Veg then! Its £10 in WHS
                          Its my favourite at the mo!!
                          I usually adapt the recipes to suit - eg in Everyday I do the 'Baked Chicken Curry' which is now Potato and Broccolli or similar -

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                            You want Everyday Veg then! Its £10 in WHS
                            Its my favourite at the mo!!
                            I usually adapt the recipes to suit - eg in Everyday I do the 'Baked Chicken Curry' which is now Potato and Broccolli or similar -
                            That's also my favourite and most used cook book.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have it already,
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-09-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

James Wong is smiling at me from the cover of his book! A quick flick through it and I'm impressed. Covers a lot of plants in just enough detail for you to decide whether you want to grow it or not. Not just about edibles either. Eg - Grow your own garden centre - fertiliser, bug spray, fungicides, garden twine etc...
                                His five real stars are Tomatillos, New Zealand Spinach, Dahlia yams, Alpine "Snow" strawberries and asparagus peas. Time to curl up with the dogs and have a read!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X