X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    That's why I stayed an extra night
    Flipping 'eck........2 nights?
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

D'oh????????

Comment

2 nights partying.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well, you're only young once.............

Comment

I have a feeling the worst is yet to come. I put out my squash and courgettes on Saturday down at my lottie. They were OK on Tuesday but I haven't been down since so I'm dreading to think what they look like now.

I want to harden off my cucumbers but scared to put them in the garden with this wind. They need potting on really. I think I'll just put them out at the weekend and see what happens. Weather is forecast to improve.

Starting to get bad here and not even in the south.

Comment

Not to good here either...do we think it will ever get better?????

Comment

I had to rush out this morning and provide props for some of my broad beans - luckily I had already staked as many as I had stakes for - this latest lot have got the left over pea sticks!

And yes, there is some happy news - we are all harvesting something yummy from our plots, and of course we have each other <reaches for bucket>
                Last edited by Peas'n'Kews; 08-06-2012, 06:51 AM. Reason: wish i could type!
                If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Dont let it move back up here please,we have had enough WMDs (winds of mass destruction)

Comment

I have this horrible feeling I am gonna pop over to see if my mum needs anything later, look outside and see all the hard work with my broadies ruined as they lay like matchsticks all over the ground lol.

Ugh just looked and gusts up to 50mph ;(
                    Last edited by Jamesy_uk; 08-06-2012, 07:26 AM.
                    My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Wanted to click the "like" button for you Jamesy, but not really appropriate - where's the "sympathy" button when you need it?

Hope the bbs all survive.

Comment

I found myself outside at 12am dragging a huge bag of soil to the bottom of my mini greenhouse to stop it blowing away. I've just sneaked the first peek outside and wish I hadn't. Tomato plants have fallen over against the fence, all three potato foliage looks to be snapped, strawberries leaning drastically to one side and the wind is still going strong.

Can I cry now?

Comment

My hardening-offs are staying inside today. Mr TS is on his way home (again): they aren't allowed to go out to the rigs if the waves are of a certain height (because the lifeboats can't be launched should an accident occur).

Twice this week he's got up at 5am to drive an hour to catch a chopper, then kept waiting for 4 hrs knowing full well it's too windy to go ~ but they have to turn up and wait anyway. Stupid waste of time & petrol.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Really bad here too, my potatoes are really taking a battering so have had to stalk then up a bit. And my prized mini bell peppers that have loads of tiny peppers growing was bent over, so brought then inside for some tlc.

D
                            Chilli Grower
                            mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
                            +----------------------------------+
                            | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
                            +----------------------------------+

Comment

I'm going to head out in a bit with more canes and see if there's anything I can do to save my tomatoes...

Comment

Good luck to all you veggie-salvagers! My thoughts are with your veg....

Staying put inside and listening to the wind howl and the rain batter - made worse by the fact our "garden room" is half glass roof - like being in a tent!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X