No announcement yet.

Teas for fertilising plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting isn't it how illegal something is if either the government or a large company can make no discernable millions out of it!

I shall have a look at our laws soon. Altho one of the mad gardeners over here Jackie French is all for avoiding bugs, but either squishing them, or spraying them with bubbles/garlic whatever if avoiding doesn't work. And let's not ask whether dropping the slugs into a little ale is legal either. Things do tend to get out of hand.
    Should I be looking to see who are the sponsors before I say such things?

I have been growing my flowers in amongst my vege's and also growing them in mixed groups, not straight lines. The permaculture idea being that a row of cabbage is like an 'all you can eat buffet' for the cabbage moths. I can see the principle. Just seeing how well it works, because the moths seem to be pretty effective still.
    I'm just enjoying being able to take things out of the garden to put back in, or to spray at, or to eat even I think I might do some research about what weeds we have here,, and what their use might be in teas. A combination tea like a combination store bought one would be very useful.
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
      Interesting isn't it how illegal something is if either the government or a large company can make no discernable millions out of it
      Ain't that the truth.

But on the other hand, some people can't even be trusted to use the approved pesticides properly, or to even read the instructions
      (I'm thinking of a recent GQT programme where an Olde Boye was splashing something lethal on EVERYTHING, just because his Olde Dad had, and his dad before him. He'd never stopped to think about what he was doing, or why)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Interesting, as I notice that what my father used to do before herbicides and fertilizers were available and advertised, is now being used again. Seems a generation got caught up there with thinking you could just throw money at gardens instead of time and knowledge.
        Maybe a lot of us are just starting to enjoy the pleasure of gardening again, and getting in touch with the rhythms of the seasons.
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X