No announcement yet.

How many beans can 3 people eat?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't sown mine yet but I might be faced with a similar problem. A fellow grower sent me seeds of six varieties of runners to try then there's the usual cobra, enorma and blue lake and the dwarfies. Looks like I'll be off into the woods to cut some more sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
      What tips do you have?
      Nothing clever, I don't do clever. I grow in pots, ordinary buckets and flower buckets. Just make sure the compost never dries out whilst the plant is in production. Feed with miraclegrow (high nitrogen) for green growth with a little tomorite (high potash) when the beans start to appear. I have plants to encourage bees for germination and thats about it.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Wish I'd had a neighbour like you when my kids were younger - heck they still do it. Used to buy a bag or two of green beans with the grocery shopping and by the time you drove home they'd inhaled the lot! Carrots too. We used to go out for the day with water bottes,, a sandwich each, a packet of biscuits and two bags of carrots. Now they browse the no dig garden as well as the pantry for snacks. Ali
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X