Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm taking my GF book into the bath tonight to refresh my memory...

Comment

• If you don't mind ebay 1000 seeds for 99p + 40p postage
      "SPINACH (MEDANIA)" - 1000 SEEDS | eBay

Comment

• I'm not bothered about it being mustard or any green manures. I sowed a Green manure mix on mine last year and it worked well. Lovely in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
          If you don't mind ebay 1000 seeds for 99p + 40p postage
          "SPINACH (MEDANIA)" - 1000 SEEDS | eBay
          I don't mind if I do - thank you
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            Yes, that's the problem I had.

I now just go:
            ACBC ad infinitum
            As - things you get one crop from or that take all summer
            Bs - things you get two crops from, so when you do potatoes then leeks both count as a B as one replaces the other
            Cs - things that are basically succession sown.

Mustard or spinach if you have the seeds, or any green manures - every 50cm and then the ACBCs just counted from one end in each space between. Wait til the mustard is up before labelling the ACBCs, makes it much easier.
            Righto, I will do that first. Best chuck an order in
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              I'm taking my GF book into the bath tonight to refresh my memory...
              I did and it was not refreshing. It hurt in fact.

Comment

• it's strange, she tries her hardest to make it easy, I think - yet it still seems quite difficult to get your head around I suppose it's cos it's nothing like what we've done before

Comment

it's strange, she tries her hardest to make it easy, I think - yet it still seems quite difficult to get your head around I suppose it's cos it's nothing like what we've done before
                  It really isn't that hard. Honest.

Best thing to do, first, is to mark out the 50mm rows, and sow your spinach, mustard, whatever. Then when you have nice rows, label the beds.

Comment

it's strange, she tries her hardest to make it easy, I think - yet it still seems quite difficult to get your head around I suppose it's cos it's nothing like what we've done before
                    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    It really isn't that hard. Honest.

Best thing to do, first, is to mark out the 50mm rows, and sow your spinach, mustard, whatever. Then when you have nice rows, label the beds.
                    She contradicts herself a fair bit in the book.

Comment

• I think you need to take on board the general principles then adapt them to your own growing conditions. When I first read the book, I drew up so many plans based on what Gert said, but it didn't really fit in with what I wanted to grow - so I concentrated on spinach rows between everything, and a low row and a high row and a 2 crop row and worked with that.

Comment

• I've got seed for the rows and yesterday I took daughter's bright pink string (don't ask) and drawing pins out to the plot and I've measured up on the bed. I really think I need some graph paper though to plan it properly in my head. I just know I'm going to cock this up somehow.

Comment

• I'm sorting mine out on an Excel spreadsheet saves me keep rubbing pencil lines out over and over again

Comment

• I might use that garden planner took thing I've got...doh!

Comment

• OK over the next week or so the spinach will get sown - weather permitting. I'm struggling to understand the distance between the mulch rows. I'd understood it as every 50cms but cant work this in with ACBCA distances. Pointers please because if it goes between every lettered row that doesn't work to 50cms does it?

Comment

• The Linear Legume: Gertrude Franck Bed Planner

Sow your seeds every 50cm and wait for it to show. Have a look at my planner, just substitute spinach where I've put mustard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X