No announcement yet.

New Poll! Who do you garden with?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our allotment is probably the one thing we do as a couple on equal terms. Of course some of the tasks are split but it really is a joint effort. I do often look after a friends daughter and she loves coming up to the allotment - probably the only time she's allowed to get dirty without a telling off. She particularly likes digging up potatoes and treats it like an archelogical dig! Maybe not the fastest way of harvesting but really keeps her entertained!

Comment

Although I've voted "with my partner" really I do most of the gardening work. He potters in his workshop making walking sticks and long bows and also cures and smokes things (pork belly for bacon, trout) in his fridge-freezer smoker.

The cat joins in for supervision, we keep asking her when she'll learn to either wash the dishes or do the weeding, but you know cats!

The OH is also in charge of Tomatoes, potatoes, and all the fruit trees, grapes, and hazletrees.

So I guess it is togetherness, afterall.
      :-)
      If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

I mostly garden with my husband. He does the construction work (putting up fences, making cold frames, sorting the compost heaps etc.) and I do the design, sorting and sowing of seeds and a lot of the weeding. We do the digging together. It's a partnership and real companionship. We are starting with a bare garden and it's fun trying to visualise what it will be like in 5 years time. The very best time is walking around the 'estate' seeing what is growing and where the new shoots are.

Comment

I like to garden on my own, with family, but I voted 'other' because most of the gardening I do at the moment is volunteering with a local gardening group
          Reine de la cocina

Comment

I voted alone, as most of my gardening is done when my husband is at work and he's not a gardener anyway. The cat comes out to watch if the weather's decent.

Comment

I have voted alone but that is not always true. Sometimes I might have a child following me around and helping sowing seeds. Occasionally the husband rotavates or digs(and moans) but thats about it. He lacks the instinct. I might have to trade him in for a new, more interesting one if hes not careful.

Comment

I usually garden alone,like many of you above. I love looking out of the potting shed whilst sowing seeds watching the birds and my children ( neither of which realise I'm there!) whilst listening to Gardeners question time!I have a fantastic view to the nearby hill.
                Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

I sort my plot out with my wife - and at times my very placid Yorkie (in reference to another thread!).

My son used to be keen to learn but nowadays Farmville is as horticultural as he gets!
                  sigpic

Comment

I garden by myself. I enjoy the tranquility and peace of solitude, with only birdsong for music. Can't be doing with radios in the garden. Gardening is for quiet relaxation and recharging the mental batteries - the hands work and the mind drifts...
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Mostly on my own at the lottie except when heavy lifting jobs come up, then hubby or son will lend a hand. My 79 year old Mum comes down occasionally, mostly to give advice!
                      As has been said before, the lottie is my personal oasis, peace and quiet and a flask of hot coffee! Heaven.

Comment

I usually go down to the allotmwent with my husband who is great at chatting to everyone, giving "advice" and telling me that his dad would have done whatever job I'm doing differently. However he is great at making tea.

Comment

Alone, or with my son. I've voted with family

Comment

with my little dog
                            my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

I voted 'other' as I have the, erm, assistance of the Cat and the Dawg. Husband is no use at all!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I usually go with my OH, (as he has a car and the lottie is a good hour's walk) and my 8 year old when she's not at school. Although in the summer, we (DD and I) are planning on spending lots of days there and walking home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X