Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help!! is this blight? do I start crying now?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian, I wouldn't rely on a drip watering system. They're obviously not getting enough water. Get the can out! The reason I asked about whether you had hard or soft water was that hard water contains calcium, so is good for tomatoes.

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick update and should have really clarified early...my apologies. I only got round to fitting up the watering system two weeks ago .....before that watering was irregular! the last two weeks the soil has been moist every time I walk past and stick my finger in. Could it be that the damage was already in the system and that I have just compounded the situation?
      Anyway the truth is as long as its not Blight then I am happy to continue and......after being pointed in the direction of a fantastic new food group, 'Green tomato chutney' (Thank you, friend)....what ever the outcome of my tomato crop this year....i'll now be smiling !!

What a wonderful forum this is. thank you all

Ian

Comment

Ian, blossom end rot is a frequent problem if you use grow bags as they dry out easier than other pots etc. Try Morrisons buckets next year they are more easily managed.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Blossum end rot can be rectifoed with the help of epsom salts which will add calcium to theplant if needed. Add about 2 tablespoons of epsoms to a gallon of water and apply to plant foiage by spraying, I think you can water it in too. Unfortunately I speak from experience of BER!
          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

I thought Epsom salts was for magnesium defficiency, didn't realize it was for calcium defficiency as well

Comment

Epsom salts is used to treat magnesium deficiency a sign of which is yellowing between the veins of the leaves.

As blossom end rot affects individual fruits I have always been under the impression there was no treatment once the fruit is affected.

What is a fact is that the main cause is allowing the soil/compost to dry out whilst the fruit is swelling.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X