X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidying up.....
    http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Lugging canisters of water up to the plot - seven of them - and then it only half-fills one of the butts! I have SIX water butts attached to various green houses and sheds and they're ALL bladdy empty. - However, stepson has got hold of a water bowser and has promised to get it filled and up to the plot next week.....Bets, anyone, on the drought finally coming to an end in a rainstorm of biblical proportions?....
      When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Nothing to do with gardening but washing up after my kids have been round to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpaulbradley View Post
          Did that today too. Well some pong. And some worm tea. My hands absolutely reek!
          My wife is not impressed.
          I'm cooking dinner too!
          Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Currently, moving pots around the garden (too many giant filled pots, not enough garden...) cause I can't lift them so the hubby has to (and does make it known that he Is Not Enjoying Gardening ), and watering (as I have to work a hosepipe system out as I cannot carry the watering cans. Am doomed if there's a hosepipe ban this year as it would take me a long time with two milk bottles or something of similar weight.

Comment

To those who hate washing plant pots. Well don't. I have never done it and my plants survive. I reckon a winter in my shed will kill off anything!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Either tidying away at the end of the day or washing out plant pots at the end of the summer. Having said that it's not the tidying away which is the issue, it's having to do it neatly so i can find everything i want next time

Comment

Definitely turning the compost - we often have rats nesting in there and I don't like the surprise of suddenly finding them. Having said that, if the exit of their tunnel is visible and easily accessible I have no such qualms about emptying a huge watering can into it.
                  come visit a garden
                  or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm quite sad in that I quite enjoy digging, weeding etc as I find it therapeautic. What I don't like is having to carry a load of water to the plot when I've already managed to empty my IBC and 4 No butts and I really hate having to go home when I've not finished what I set out to do - happens all too often, sadly.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

the only job i really don't like is deciding what plants will live and what plants are going to have to go to plant heaven. I spent so long nurturing the damn things and potting them on [ some them only the once thank god] that I casn't bear throwing them on the compost heap.

Comment

Digging. I hate hate hate digging. I couldn't garden with Monty Don.

And having to check the lilies every day for beetles. That's a pain which lasts all season.

Comment

I hate tidying, and cleaning; indoors or out. I weed for a living, and find it quite therapeutic, luckily. Compost turning, and smelly tea but emptying gets delegated!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

least fave job?

watering

still no rain since first week of April
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I hate deciding what to grow from season to season. I haven't room to grow EVERYTHING I want to grow .

Comment

Slug patrol, mwahahaha, I need to lie down in a dark room, I have my kitchen lights off just waiting for them
                                Em, I was in a dark room I just wasnt lying down!
                                Last edited by CaroltheCarrot; 08-06-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X