No announcement yet.

What's your least favourite job?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have daleks and they're a pain. A compost tumbler is on my wish list.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I have 2 gert big wire cages, each about 4' x 4' x 3'6" deep. One is full, t'other has the bit in the bottom that wouldn't fit in the other side when I persuaded Mr.G to turn it. It's only been on the go for 2.5 years, no rush!
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
        /me makes a mental note not to lend it out to anyone
        I'm a generous guy, would give anyone my last- BUT I don't lend garden tools. I'd rather take the tools to the friends house and do the job myself. At least that way if I break it, it's my fault. Learned from bitter experience that it can cause grief otherwise.
        Clay soil is just the big yins way of letting you know nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkano View Post
          There definitely is bins like you describe, and various other spinning type ones. Trouble is they cost a bomb like £80 or something). Much more than the tenner I got these for thru the council. One day I'd love one to keep on the go as they supposedly make compost in weeks rather than years lol.
          The pallet bin is pretty easy to make. Thing is you want 2 side by side really to keep moving them. But then what would I do with the daleks? Seems a shame to waste them (even freecycling them seems a shame for me lol).
          Drat my dreams of millionaire-dom are quashed!

(mental note to self to cancel power boat in morning)
          Last edited by mrpaulbradley; 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            A compost tumbler is on my wish list.
            my wish came true yesterday thanks to freecycle, and the original person didn't pick it up and I was the back-up, yayyy!!!!

Comment

Weeding has to be the worst for me. This is the first year of me growing anything in the garden and it used to be a jungle of weed, so lots of roots still in the ground. Even after digging up the area, I end up with quite a bit of weed in the patches.

Comment

A perennial problem, pardon the pun. You'll get there!
                I really don't let a few weeds here and there bother me. I'm inundated with horsetail that continues to thrive because gardens around me are wild and not that well kept (I also have a canal at the back). Nothing I can do about it really so I don't let it bother me. Eventually what I want to grow takes over! Good times (although it's taking it's time this year! )

Comment

Weeding, watering, cleaning the greenhouse out before the sowing/growing season, ironing, more weeding, mulching and did I mention the weeding?!?!

All of the above!
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by sall2009 View Post
                    Even after digging up the area, I end up with quite a bit of weed
                    That should say especially after weeding

The more you turn over the soil, the more weeds you'll get (of course, perennials have to be dug out). Watering the soil surface encourages more weeds too, which is one reason why I only water into sunken flowerpots, I don't water the surface at all
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Netting up brassicas to keep the pigeons off - it seems to take me ages, I get the netting tangled up, and it just looks a mess!

Comment

Watering watering watering !!!!every day really starts to become a choir bt can't not do it as I start to feel guilty about all these plants iv lovingly grown only to leave to wilt of thirst also the pain of winding back up the hose after really pees me off..don't mind weeding as you can stand back and admire your lovely clean patch after ....weeds -0 me-1 ...sad really the misses thinks in turning into a old man at 30..
                        My year log of growthhttp://http://backgardenfarm.blogspot.com/
                        up dated blog 27th june ..pls read if u have the time
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0YjOHl2zI

Comment

Washing and disinfecting the 1000s of pots I seem to have accumulated at the end of the season, when it's freezing cold;

Scrubbing and disinfecting the greenhouses, usually in Februaruy (brrrrrrr) ready for use;

Netting up the strawberries and the mangetouts (I'm sure the netting I use is a sentient being as it seems to have a mind of its' own and has the ability to cling to anything it touches )

Reet
                          x

Comment

my worst job would have to be digging and clearing my plot. ive just taken on my first plot back in April. i dont think the weathers help much though, the soil is so dry and compacted ive had to be jumping on my fork just to get it into the ground!
                            http://pot-to-plot.blogspot.com/ My brand spanking new plot

Comment

Strimming! i havnt been to my lottie in almost a year due to a nasty case of gall stones and pancreatitis for afters!!!

the weeds and grass was SO tall, so many of them! it took me 3 hrs to strim it all down, it was fun at first, but after an hour, i'd had enough, and i was covered in grass and spiky weeds!

but, at least its done now, and i have lots of seedlings ready to be planted. must make sure the weeds dont get out of control again! although, all this rain we're having this weekend, isnt helping!

i also hate keeping the shed tidy, not very good at that! and the freshly smashed shed glass windows, courtesy of some 'bored' children, hasnt made me smile!
                              sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Comment

For me it must be getting rid of snails and slugs... they are horrible little creatures and their suckers make my skin crawl. I have stopped using pellets now as my garden is small and I can do it manually, but it's a job I loathe!
                                http://strawberryjubes.tumblr.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X