No announcement yet.

In Praise of Kale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stella, I really would try some before committing to growing it. Caviar gets rave results too, but I hate the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      Stella, I really would try some before committing to growing it. Caviar gets rave results too, but I hate the stuff.
      I agree with Rustylady and the tastes change between different varities Tuscan kale doesnt bear much resemblance in taste to sainsburys supermarket curly kale for example but if you gave it a try it would give you an idea at least.
      My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

I suppose it depends how much you like kale - ie do you want to eat it at every meal?
        From what I recall, we had it roughly twice a week, and I put the red russian when small in salads.

The pentland brig is much more prolific than then red russian.

Netting is a good idea through the summer.

Comment

As I mentioned above, come winter time the kale won't be growing any more so you need to think how quickly you could strip a plant. Me and OH could easily strip a plant in a week and that would be supplemented with loads of other yummy veggies. Having said that we like veg heavy meals, you might only want a few leaves.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by diggerthree View Post
            How long do you grill for? and at what temperature.? Honey burns, does it not?
            is it like "toffee apple"?
            Sorry I missed your reply.. just until it starts to brown, so the honey doesn't burn - you can see it starting to go crispy.. give it a go and see, it's a couple of mins at the least.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X