No announcement yet.

Is it safe to plant out tomatoes??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine were going out at the weekend but I wimped out when the winds started. so they are going out next weekend!

Comment

Mine have been out for a week and are doing ok, even though they were blown about like billy-o yesterday! At least I've staked them well this year, they went down like dominoes last year!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

There's a rural grass frost forecast for tonight. Mine stay in till June. I intended planting my climbing beans today till I heard that forecast! Next weekend maybe?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Mine have been out for a couple of weeks, but they went all thin leaved, so I have a fleece over them now and their fine, but only as long as they stay small enough to fit under the fleece. Hope this wind stops in the next few days, I have other stuff out and it's not doing them any good at all. And I have other stuff to go out, which is starting to get pot bound.
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

I'm only the other side of the river from you, in kent and mine have been out for two weeks, two in the open and two in the blowaway. All are doing well and flowering, the two undercover are a bit bigger and have little toms appearing on them but do support them well, I'm so relieved that they survived the wind yesterday

Comment

My toms have been out for 3 weeks now, and are doing brilliantly. Some of them weren't staked in until today but seem to be fine...even was pinching out armpits today, and noticed some fruit has already set...had lots of bees buzzing about my pots earlier too!

Comment

I have had some outside but they are not growing fast as in the greenhouse.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X