I've been robbed!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been robbed!!

Opened a new packet of sweetcorn to chit on damp kitchen paper, and only found 28.5 seeds rather than the "average" of 35 stated on the packet (and the half seed isn't likely to come to much either). I can understand not getting the exact number in every packet, but with such large seeds, you'd think they'd be a bit more accurate .

Complain to the seed company you bought them from Nes, they'll probably compensate you.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Tell me about it, Nes, it's not veggies, but I bought a pack of rudbeckia goldsturm seeds and instead of "average 100 seeds" as claimed, I reckon there were about 45 at the most. And two months later, I reckon only about 6 of them germinated...

Comment

The problem with this "average" business is that we've only got their word for it to go on. For a statistically significant sample, we'd have to but *lots* of packets of the same seed - but I only get one packet of this a year. Even in a life time of growing, I doubt I'd get a proper significant sample size. Bit more inclined to use a company like moreveg who at least actually count their seeds and give an actual number, not this silly meaningless average thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Complain to the seed company you bought them from Nes, they'll probably compensate you.
          Might just do this (when I find a few spare minutes - where are they by the way?!)

Comment

Some on else is sitting pretty with 41.5 seeds

Comment

Originally posted by fiferjim View Post
              Some on else is sitting pretty with 41.5 seeds
              Who are they? Own up, and I'll be round to collect MY seeds!!

Comment

I really would encourage you to find the time Nes, so that seed companies are made aware of it and also if you've had poor germination. I'm a fan of MoreVeg for the same reasons as you.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I've complained to large, and small companies alike. The smaller ones were better (refund + replacement), the others asked for the packet back (?! - last time I order from them), it took a lot of chasing up via the phone for me to get it sorted. I ended up with a £10 voucher from them, as I wanted to be compensated for all the phone calls.

I tend to stick to the 'smaller' companies now, local if possible too. MoreVeg/Real Seeds/etc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X