Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 cats !!!
    It's a minefield you need!

I too have used clippings over beds but it looks so unsightly. It's a shame we have to resort to it.

Your neighbour should be held accountable for their mess. It's just not fair. It's they who are unresponsible. You have my sympathies.
    Clay soil is just the big yins way of letting you know nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Ouch, 13 of them!

There's not enough super soakers in the world for that one!
      Last edited by Rabidbun; 04-05-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
        rose bush cuttings, holly etc...worked very well in my front garden flower beds...until they started just going on the grass bold as you like!! (My neighbour has 13 cats!!)
        Sounds like you need some help from these guys

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          What is the reason for the planting of lilies? The pollen of lilies is extremely poisonous to cats, if they get it on them and then groom it off, it will do fatal damage. This is obviously far beyond what we would recommend as a deterrent, and quite possibly illegal if done deliberately.

Lily poisoning in cats | Vet Help Direct Blog
          Sorry, I was just annoyed as I had cleared the poo about 5 times. It wouldn't normally affect me but I had spent about 3 days filling it up with expensive topsoil we had bought and was at wits end.

I haven't actually bought anything other than covering up the bed with netting and will construct cages for when they are finished. I don't want to poison cats but I actually do plant a few lilies and they are in messy borders so the cats won't want to get there until I've bothered to weed.

I'm not actually going to kill any cats, although I've dispatched a few other furry animals in my life.

Comment

I got the same problem from cats too. Since then, I put orange peels outside, well, any citroen fruit peels. Then cover soil with newspaper if it is not in use or put twigs vertical on soil. Rarely get any now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpaulbradley View Post
              13 cats !!!...
              Your neighbour should be held accountable for their mess.
              If you feel brave enough, bag it all up and lob it back over their fence
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

When I first moved to this house my neighbour had 17 cats. I got an ex-racing greyhound and they very rarely ventured into my garden after that. Neighbour got the message and gradually moved them on to other homes and only has one now.
                History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X