I have an allotment!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an allotment!!

Woo hoo! I have been on the waiting list for three years but just heard from my village parish council that I have finally got my own plot. I am, of course, rather excited.
    This means I can replace my garden plot with a chicken run, leaving just a handy strip for emergency lettuces.

So what can I do now? I have some onions and garlic coming up in the garden - is it possible to move them? And what about my PSB?

Is there anything I can do now to make sure the soil on the new plot is in tip top condition by spring?

Should I build a shed? Make freinds with my new allotmennt neighbours? Put up a sign with my name on it?

WOW! What brilliant news!!! Bet you can't wait to get stuck in!

Have you seen the plot you are getting? Some of them need a lot of work first. There also may be few permanent crops on there already (bonus).

I'm still on a list myself so I cant give you any advice just my congratulations!
    http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Well done Nik. Best advice I can give is to clear it a.s.a.p. and to dig it over as you go. Leave it as rough as you like as the winter frosts will break down any lumps and clods for you.

Be great if you can take before and after pics and post them on here.

Can you let us know what size of plot you have been allocated and the rent payable?

Whatever else you do, enjoy the experience.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, I don't think it's massive but I'm not sure I could cope with a football pitch. Will definitely take pics.
        I just hope all the caterpillers and white flies in my garden don't follow me down the road!

Comment

Fantabulous news!!!!!

...make sure you plan your area- and prepare the soil before you transfer stuff over from your garden!

I move garlic successfully a few years ago- just made sure they had a decent amount of soil around the roots an put them in withing 10-15 mins so they had no chance of drying out. Oh- and not on a frosty day
          Never tried onions- but don't see why not.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Congratulations !

Comment

Only just seen this Nik, congratulations, how exciting for you! Hope everything goes well.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Congrats and enjoy
                http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X