No announcement yet.

Courgettes in growbags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Womble, I think i have been lazy on feeding part.
    http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
      Yes but I can see from your plants that you have only had a few courgettes from each plant. Each of mine has given me 10's and 10's. Probably 60+ each plant.
      well too be honest with you, i grew them in the ground last season and it was totally pitiful, i got one courgette of each plant, lots of slugs and snails everywhere half chewed leaves form god know what predators.

This season i grew in troughs on a shelf in the garden, and i had great healthy courgettes and i have taken off 20 courgettes of 3 plants grown in troughs and in the ground only one on each plant,, too be honest with you, how many different types of dishes can you make with courgettes?? i wouldn't need 10 courgettes per plant anyway i wouldn't know what to do with them all..

i had greater success growing courgettes in containers then i did in the ground

ps.. by the way that just the first batch of courgettes, they just keep on growing and growing so its possible on average i will yeild 8-10 courgettes from each plant anyway....
      Last edited by muslimgrower; 19-08-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

If you don't have enough space in the raised beds, plant them really close to the edge. They'll fall over onto your lawn/whatever, taking up less space in your bed.

And I'll happily vouch for yellow courgettes from now on, more prolific, easier to see.....

Comment

Originally posted by muslimgrower View Post
          i wouldn't need 10 courgettes per plant anyway i wouldn't know what to do with them all..

i had greater success growing courgettes in containers then i did in the ground

ps.. by the way that just the first batch of courgettes, they just keep on growing and growing so its possible on average i will yeild 8-10 courgettes from each plant anyway....
          Well everyone's different, but we can eat 6 courgettes in a meal, quite easily.
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X