No announcement yet.

Cucumbers not fruiting!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the original poster, 9" pots are too small you need something the size of a bucket. Feed with nitrogen in the initial stages then change to potash (Tomorite) when the fruits start to appear.

If you are growing in pots don't worry to much about over feeding, I feed one day then water the next then feed again. The watering with plain water will wash out any excess feed.

Never let a mature fruit stay on the plant, it is better to cut it earlier rather than later. Fruit left on the plant when mature will program the plant to think its done its job of reproducing and other fruits will shrivel and die.

If you could post a pic of your leaf problem that would be good, we may be able to help further.

Colin.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

As to the growing enviroment one of the problems people have is that cumbers and tomatoes like to different enviroments for best growth. Both like warmth but cumbers like a moist atmosphere where as toms like it fairly dry. Like most people I only have one GH, therefore I mist my cucs on a regular basis and keep the GH well ventilated for my toms.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X