Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentish girl View Post
    Mine is out at the top of the garden & so is the hayfeaver
    Snap - mine started 2 days ago when the majority of the elderflower came out in our village.

Comment

1st batch of champagne done this morning
      my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

First ones in flower this weekend here in East Yorkshire.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Mine is out too, but where do you buy citric acid? I had a recipe for the elderflower cordial that calls for it, but the woman at Boots looked at me as if I were mad when I asked there. It wasn't in Sainsbury's in the cooking section either, so any pointers would be good for future reference. I'll use extra lemons for this batch as I've already picked the flowers.
          PS I haven't got a picture as I picked all the lower flowers before I thought of it
          Last edited by BarleySugar; 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM.
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used to get it at a local chemists. Small shop in high street type. There aren't many of those now though!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My favourite tree is starting to open flowers - about 25% open now.

I get citric acid from either Wilkinsons (in the brewing section) or my local homebrew shop.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Strangely enough found some more flowers out today when we went for a bike ride. There were some really early ones a few weeks ago, presumably in areas that were more sheltered and sunny but now there's a load more flowering. Great by me as I picked a load more flowers and have some more elderflower champagne on the go for my birthday celebrations later in the year.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I must have missed the grand opening - our tree/bush has quite a few flars on it. Not sure if there's enough to make any cordial/fizz but, we'll see.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

All out here and champs brewing, well first batch any ways
                    You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• Yay!! - several 'plates' of blooms out today and many more very near it.
                      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• 3/4 fully open now!

It' really pretty isn't it?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mines mostly out now
                          http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

• Bath and North East Somerset is now in full bloom!!!

Comment

• Just starting to open now in sunny places
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mine's still in tight bud, but walking home from daughter's this afternoon spotted several elder bushes along the "relief road" which are budding up nicely. Kindly planted by the powers that be to screen the road so there should be plenty for champers and berries later in the year for wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X