No announcement yet.

Tracking Elderflower Experiment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit worried that you've got the wrong thing. I make gallons of elderflower wine and the plant you're using doesn't look like elderflower to me. Leaves look totally wrong. I don't know how to post images but this link (hopefully) shows the leaves as well as the flowers.
    Elderflower cordial recipe- jonsbushcraft.com

Comment

That's not elderflower, Jelliebabe - sorry!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Nope! Not elderflower! Ours are at least 2-3 weeks off flowering.
        Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Sorry, that is definitely not elderflower.

Comment

Ahhhh Rubbish! Will have to locate some and make more Wonder what I have made!
            http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Hay fever has turned up this morning, so I know without looking that the elderberries are starting to flower. I will have a look and check later though.
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliebabe View Post
                Ahhhh Rubbish! Will have to locate some and make more Wonder what I have made!
                Maybe something scrummy and new !

Let us know if tastes good and you don't keel over,unless than being inebriated
                Last edited by Liza; 22-05-2010, 09:22 PM.
                You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Not out here yet (Sittingbourne, Kent)
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

took the dog over the fields at 5 this morning and no flowers on the elderberries round here yet
                    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Jelliebabe - could that be a wayfarer...the flowers look like that altho not certain what a whole bush looks like....
                      the elderflowers ae out here -going to pick some tomorrow and will take a picture if the bushes are in full bloom...
                      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Went and checked my favourite elderflower tree this morning - no sign of flowers appearing yet.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

I had a look at the elderflower at the Hill today - I can see the flower buds but they are not flowering yet.

Comment

I would have made the same mistake. It looks very similar and it's not Mayflower so I wonder what is?

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                              Hay fever has turned up this morning, so I know without looking that the elderberries are starting to flower. I will have a look and check later though.
                              My hayfever went after an hour and hasn't come back, I also haven't seen any flowers open yet.
                              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

not in flower around here yet but soon hopefully

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X