Widespread Ground Frost!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widespread Ground Frost!

OH just came and told me that a widespread ground frost is forecast for tonight! So having uncovered everything today, have gone back out to cover it all up again and it's pretty damn cold out there
    AKA Angie

Yes it's predicted to be 2C here, so everything has been covered with fleece (although I always cover it at night still anyway), and keeping fingers crossed everything survives the cold!!

Comment

Me too cos my toms and aubergines are in the plastic gh although they have got several layers of fleece over them
      AKA Angie

Comment

ok, who's crashed metcheck looking to see if they will be getting frost?

I was contemplating planting outside tomatoes this weekend, looks unlikely now..

Comment

It's a pain having to fleece things every night but I'm hoping tonight's will be the last frost of the spring. I have 4 rows of tatties well on the way and loads more in assorted bags/containers which all have to be covered. The other outdoor stuff can fend for itself and most seems fine. Toms in the greenhouse are coping well with low temps but I bring the peppers in at night.

Comment

Scraped my van of frost this morning up here in Glasgow hoping my courgettes in my plastic greenhouse will survive...
            What would Delia do?

Comment

We have had a mild ground frost here in Benson overnight
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Cold in Cardiff, but no frost.
                "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We had a light frost this morning.
                  AKA Angie

Comment

As a cold night was forecast I fleeced the delicates. However, I neglected my container potatoes. They now stand with about 10" haulm how can I tell if they are damaged.

Comment

They'll go black.

According to my min max thermometer, it went down to -3 on the beds last night. But the water outside the back of the house a metre off the ground hasn't frozen.
                      I didn't get up early enough to see if there was a frost, but everything was well tucked up and seems ok.
                      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Only down to 4C here last night: daytimes are only 7, it's not fun
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My greenhouse went down to 2.6c overnight just got out of bed so not sure if there was a ground frost.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by T8Ter View Post
                            Cold in Cardiff, but no frost.
                            Aye no frost here either (CaerphillY).

Where abouts are you in Cardiff? We just recently moved from Pontprennau! (Preffed it in Cardiff, but property here is so much cheaper (i.e. house at the top of the road which was what we wanted was 70k cheaper here)

Comment

Despite my poor plants in pots being out since early April, Bath has so far escaped the frost. In panic I covered them in carrier bags last night for want of anything else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X