jerusalem Artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinah gale View Post
    Found a Nigel Slater recipe for Jerusalem artichoke and mushroom hotpot in the Feb. edition of the Sainsbury magazine, too. I tried it yesterday and am converted! It tasted really good so I needn't waste my free JA's!
    Silly me-forgot to quote this with my last post=above.Wouldn't have made much sense without it
    Jane

Comment

now i've read that it was posted -sorry
      Jane

Comment

Our first JA leaves are also thru! Mr D noticed them on Sunday, but didnt think to post about them! D'oh! Lol!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I love Jerusalem Artichokes although their side effects take a while to get used to!

Have got then in a couple of 125 L tree pots full of compost for them and they are just poking their shoots through.
          Gonna use them as a nice screen at the end of the garden with some standard sunflowers.
          I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Comment

We planted 10 JA's on our allotment about 2-3weeks ago. My husband went down the other night to water and weed, and whilst weeding the JA bed managed to pull up one of the JA's cos he thought the growth was a weed!

Anyway he pushed it back in, but at least they're growing!

I sometimes put them in a Lancashire hotpot with the potato layer - lovely.

Comment

Sorry to be thick but what do they look like as they come through? I planted some earlier this year and something is coming through but I'm not sure if it is weeds, volunteer potatos or the JAs!!

A pick or some advice would be very appreciated, thanks

Comment

Just had a look at mine in pots & they are just poking through the compost, just a little bobble of close packed leaves at the mo.Perhaps you could just scrabble around the base of the leaves you have & see if you can feel/see the tubers Xspye?
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X