Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you growing that you know will probably end in disaster but you still do it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alison, I absolutely agree with your verdict on sweetcorn. Peas have the same effect on me, and even beans in stews etc. unless they've been cooked to death! I reeeeally can't stand something going 'squish/pop' in my mouth

But I grow all of that stuff because the rest of the family like it, so I'm 4:1 outnumbered

Comment

Grew baby aubergines last year as a challenge since the common consensus seemed to be that they were not easy to grow. My two plants were huge and prolific; we were inundated with the wretched things and neither of us really likes them. I hate suddenly finding a slimy bit in my mouth, so this year I am not bothering.
      Also grew red lettuces from a free packet of seeds last year, but they tasted like wet paper - as does any lettuce other than iceberg, little gem and other cos types - so they don't get a look in this year either.

Comment

For me it has to be sprouts so I don't grow them any more. I now only grow fruit and veg that I like - that's why I have loads of strawberry plants .

Comment

Salad bowl lettuce - i just dont think it tastes very nice and i actually prefer the stuff out of a bag!!!!

Comment

Annual failures: I'm doing sweet peppers again this year having got perhaps half a dozen golf ball sized peppers in the last five years. But my Jan sown peppers are def ahead of last year, so here's hoping. Also hoping with my new enviromesh tunnel to get carrots from the ground (rather than a half barrel) without being riddled with carrot fly.

Don't like: I've got a few cauliflowers on the go this year...

Success: I'm feeling good about last year's moderate, but acceptable crop of aubergines now!
            Garden Grower
            Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

Originally posted by rachel24 View Post
              This will be my third year at trying melons in my greenhouse......oh and peppers. Grrrrrrrrrr
              Woops they are my two new ones this year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X