No announcement yet.

Newspaper Pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jennie, they stand up ok in low trays. If you have quite a few of them they will hold each other up. But they do stand up on their own. My husband and I love them, they are great.
    Piper

Your future lays before you,
    Like a sheet of driven snow.
    Be careful how you tread it,
    As every step will show

Comment

I'm glad people are finding them useful. I still have about 50 from last year so haven't made any yet.
      Last edited by WiZeR; 30-01-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

these pots are great and the instructions are very clear and easy to follow - many thanks WiZer - all these handy tips are exactly what I need to get me through the novice stage - best wishes, Jan

Comment

Tried making one last night, left it on the coffee table and went to bed. Notice this morning that it's fallen apart a bit but at present I'm not sure if that's due to me not pressing the creases enough or OH investigating what it is and pulling it apart! Will interogate tonight to find out.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Just had a go at the newspaper pots, thanks for the info wizer, well chuffed - worked out just fine!
            All at once I hear your voice
            And time just slips away
            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I am addicted to them. And they DO indeed stand up to watering...these peas have just gone in the ground, pot and all.
              Attached Files
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by WiZeR View Post
                Hi all

This was mentioned in another thread and as it's that time of year again I thought I'd post the link to my Newspaper pot instructions. I found them very effective last year and will be using them again this year.

http://www.wizer.co.uk/?p=29

Some of you who may have noticed that the pictures on the site had disappeared recently. I have fixed that now

Try it! Hope you find it useful..
                This was the single most useful and inspiring things I've come across on this forum - apart from the Grapes themselves of course.

Thanks a thousandfold. And yes the instructions were very easy to follow.
                Last edited by johnty greentoes; 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM.
                The law will hang the man or woman
                Who steals the goose from off the common
                But lets the greater thief go loose
                Who steals the common from the goose
                http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

We have done these too after seeing a picture in a gardening magazine.

Ours have done fine and some have been potted out; they do hold the water really well.
                  Last edited by Lesley Jay; 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                    This was the single most ... inspiring thing(s) I've come across on this forum
                    what, more inspiring than my big butts?
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      what, more inspiring than my big butts?
                      ... clearly your lovely big butts go without saying...possibly the most wonderful things I've clapped my eyes on in years...
                      Last edited by johnty greentoes; 13-04-2007, 05:30 PM.
                      The law will hang the man or woman
                      Who steals the goose from off the common
                      But lets the greater thief go loose
                      Who steals the common from the goose
                      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggieginger View Post
                        We have done these too after seeing a picture in a gardening magazine.

Ours have done fine and some have been potted out; they do hold the water really well.

Can I ask which magazine that is?

Comment

I had a go at the weekend and they're such a great idea....my beans are all planted! :-)

Comment

Your strategy for planting out them pots ...

The title says most of it. All the seedlings have grown on in the pots and are ready to go in to big wide bed. So how do you actually plant out? Do you ...
                            • Water the pot again just before planting?
                            • Allow the top bit of the paper still to stick out of the hole?
                            • Plant the pot below the surface?
                            • Dig the hole wider so that more compost can be added?
                            • Dance a jig, then blog it on the 'vine?

Comment

I water and let sit for 10mins, then dig a hole for the pot to fit, then rip the bottom of the pot off and chuck it in the hole. Doesn't matter if the paper is above the soil as long as the plant is at the correct depth.

Comment

A glass of red each and the news paper.......let the pot making begin, sooooo relaxing! A lovely evening spent with Mr H. Thanks for tips WiZer!
                                Last edited by Headfry; 18-04-2007, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X