Harlequin squash

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlequin squash

I sowed some harlequin squsah from Nicky's seeds but the two plants I have growing are producing very different fruits and neither of them looks like the picture of harlequin. One is pale beige with deep ridges, the other looks like a dumpy marrow but is half green, half yellow, divided width wise- no ridges. Both are quite small.

Have I got some rogue seeds or is this variety very variable? Has anyone else grown it? THe dumpy marrow ones don't feel hard like winter squashes normally do, so I'm worried they're just a type of marrow and won't keep.

Thanks for any advice

Caz

Pop some photos on if you can, I grew harlequin last year you do get a bit of variation but not on the scale you have, it sounds like they've cross pollinated with something else.

Comment

OH has camera at the mo, will post oicture when I can

Comment

Just found this

HARLEQUIN - Plant World Seeds: Buy Unusual and Rare Mail Order Flower Seed - Secure Online Seed Store

Do these look like yours?

Comment

They look a bit like the half and half ones but nothing like the beige ribbed ones

Comment

Originally posted by Jillyreeves View Post

They don't look anything like these do they?

Squash Seed 'Harlequin' (Cucurbita maxima 'Harlequin')
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post

They don't look anything like these do they?

Squash Seed 'Harlequin' (Cucurbita maxima 'Harlequin')
              No they don't but that's what I expected them to look like as the harlequin squash in the supermarket look like that. I'm pretty sure that I've got two different varieties growing. Will try to get a picture today.

Caz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X